PDA

View Full Version : Elusive Natural Glow Moisturizer

Bugsey34
06-07-2005, 11:10 AM
Is anyone else (girls I mean... I think) looking for this stupid Natural Glow lotion that is supposed to be like a gradual self tanner/moisturizer in one?

Every single magazine raves about how wonderful it is, and it's not in any store! I heard it flew off the shelves and now it's being sold on Ebay until the new shipments come in!

Did anyone actually buy it yet?

24forever
06-07-2005, 11:12 AM
I bought it about a month ago. It works pretty well. Takes about 7 days to get up to a light tan. I have no tan ever so it works pretty good, I just use it on my legs so I don't look like a freak in shorts. The thing is though, if you're not careful you can still get those uneven spots that are a little bit darker, but it's not much of a concern b/c it's not that noticeable - I'm probably the only one that notices it.

MetFanL
06-07-2005, 11:13 AM
The Jergens stuff? Yeah, you have to order it online, and then it's on backorder. My mother ordered a case. I have some, but I can't use it b/c it irritates my skin. I use the Neutrogena gradual tan stuff and mix it with my regular lotion. I like that a lot, too. Plus, the Neutrogena has a separate face version that has an SPF in it that I also mix w/ my regular moisturizer. Honestly, I think the Neutrogena stuff is better.

lawya girl
06-07-2005, 11:15 AM
YES!!! I have been trying to get my hands on some of it and can't find any! I didn't realize it was such a phenomenon - I thought it was just my Target that was out. Is it really that frickin' good?

Bugsey34
06-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Yeah Met, I read Coppertone has a gradual tan moisturizer too, so I guess Jergens isn't the only one.

I thought my stores were out too, lawya, so I asked my mom to check around her area. She didn't see it either then I read it was all sold out everywhere.

24forever
06-07-2005, 11:23 AM
I didn't know it was that big a deal either. I bought it back in april when it was raining all the time. I think you can get the same effects from going out in the sun just a little. But then again I didn't get the darker version. I was afraid I'd be orange with it.

Ciderhillnh
06-07-2005, 11:33 AM
It was tough to find but I have 2 tubes of it. It works, but if you arent careful the stuff will turn the skin between fingers orange and if you don't spread it evenly you can have lines.
I liked it but it stained my clothes. Ill just go out in the regular sun.

lawya girl
06-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Well I just got the Lancome Flash bronzer and it is REALLY good - everyone has been telling me how tan I look :p

megrocks
06-07-2005, 11:44 AM
I bought it about 6 weeks ago, and I wasn't that impressed. After a few days you will start to notice a darkening of the skin, but it's pretty light. And I just couldn't stand to use the stuff. The smell was so gross I had to use it at night, but it felt like I was coating myself in butter. It would not dry and kept feeling sticky. I tried to pass it on to my mom and sister but they didn't like it either. If I had more left in the tube I would mail you it.

Olay has a similar product as well, but from what I've heard it produces even lighter results, but has a more pleasant smell and feel. I bought some Loreal Sublime Bronze stuff because I heard that it is basically the same as Lancome. It's so much better than Natural Glow. It doesn't stink, drys in 10 minutes and developes quickly. I exfoliate the hell out of my skin and put on some light body lotion before the Sublime Broze, and I haven't had problems with it being streaky.

lawya girl
06-07-2005, 11:58 AM
I got the sublime stuff but it irritated my skin.

MetFanL
06-07-2005, 12:12 PM
The Lancome stuff and I think Clarins, are really the best stuff out there, according to my friend who has tried EVERYTHING.

Seriously, I was nervous about the Neutrogena b/c Julie Bowen looks so orange in those commercials, but I'm not orange AT ALL. I really like it.

For those of you who are streaky, try mixing it with your regular lotion. I haven't had any problems with it this way.

lawya girl
06-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Clarins is really good - but for some reason, this year it started irritating my skin. I like the Tantowel too but again, all of a sudden my skin is sensitive to it. Neutrogena is pretty good too.

MetFanL
06-07-2005, 12:38 PM
Clarins is really good - but for some reason, this year it started irritating my skin. I like the Tantowel too but again, all of a sudden my skin is sensitive to it. Neutrogena is pretty good too.

I have really sensitive skin, too. That's why I mix it with other stuff. Does Origins make anything? They're stuff is usually hypoallergenic, too.

capella
06-07-2005, 12:40 PM
I saw some in my area Target last night. Maybe though where I live people are tan almost all the time anyway? It's not so popular? Maybe they just got a new shipment in though. I dunno. I am afraid of that self-tanning stuff because I always look orange with it.

lawya girl
06-07-2005, 12:41 PM
I have really sensitive skin, too. That's why I mix it with other stuff. Does Origins make anything? They're stuff is usually hypoallergenic, too.

I think they do but I haven't tried it. I may get some just to try it - the Lancome has been pretty okay although for some reason, I am still itchy on my legs - but nowhere else.