PDA

View Full Version : Bad appearance day

temptation
06-23-2005, 10:56 AM
I'm really having an ugly day today. It's like everything is really off---my hair doesn't look right, my clothes feel all uncomfortable and my skin's kinda weird cuz I haven't been sleeping.

The funny thing is....I probably don't look that bad.... I just feel like *ss. Does anyone have days when they are feeling unattractive and don't want anyone to see them? Not sure what it is...I thought it was only women that had these issues.

wordsmith
06-23-2005, 10:58 AM
Absolutely. It's usually if I sleep late and forego a shower. I just feel grungy all day, even if I'm perfectly clean. It's just a psychological "pulled together" thing. I feel much better, more confident, more together if I feel at the top of my game appearance-wise. I'm sure I LOOK fine, but I feel like I'm slopped together when this happens.

24forever
06-23-2005, 11:21 AM
I have those days at least once a month. It usually depends on what I'm wearing. If I don't like my outfit, or my hair settles funny then I'll feel off all day. When my anxiety was really bad if I was in uncomfortable clothes it could trigger an attack. It was really bad - mostly b/c of being overweight too.

tina1979
06-23-2005, 11:28 AM
It was really bad - mostly b/c of being overweight too.I am like that too. I'm not really fat, but I am overweight and that makes me extremely conscious of the way I look. I mostly don't feel like my clothes look right on me which makes me feel unkempt and uncomfortable all day.

24forever
06-23-2005, 11:30 AM
I am like that too. I'm not really fat, but I am overweight and that makes me extremely conscious of the way I look. I mostly don't feel like my clothes look right on me which makes me feel unkempt and uncomfortable all day.

Yup, that's it exactly. Is my stomach bulging, are my pants too tight?? That type of thing makes me feel very self concious.

I only realize a few months ago that when I was younger I wore a size 8, but I was probably actually a 6 b/c I have clothes from back then that were 8's, 6's and 4's. I just never liked to wear things tight, so everything was always a little bit big - nothing drastic. Now I'm a 12 and I'm much more self concious about it.

mishl982
06-23-2005, 11:33 AM
I'm having the opposite today - I'm looking gooood! :huge:

I do have those off days though. Sometimes I'll favor sleeping in over showers, then I'll regret it since my hair feels blah and I just have that gross feeling all throughout the day.

midtwenty
06-23-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm having that day today, too. It might be spillover from yesterday because yesterday I coulda scared the dogs under the porch. Today I look like I've been slapped in the face with a bag of hot nickels. I'm actually thinking I'm going to bail around noon and go home because I feel pretty shitty. Not just looks-wise. In general.

tina1979
06-23-2005, 12:05 PM
Yup, that's it exactly. Is my stomach bulging, are my pants too tight?? That type of thing makes me feel very self concious.

I only realize a few months ago that when I was younger I wore a size 8, but I was probably actually a 6 b/c I have clothes from back then that were 8's, 6's and 4's. I just never liked to wear things tight, so everything was always a little bit big - nothing drastic. Now I'm a 12 and I'm much more self concious about it.
I still have a couple dresses hanging in my closet from high school that are 8s ( ithnk I skipped 1-5) and I can't believe that I thought I was fat at that size. I'm in a 14 now, but I have been trying eat healthier and exercise. Hopefully as my body changes my self image will as well. Its something I need to work on.

blueyes
06-23-2005, 12:11 PM
What's worse than a bad appearance day?

One coupled with a day when you can't stay awake...

I'm feeling good about the outfit today (I have a spiffy new green shirt!), but work is mind-numbing and I could care less. Couple that with my less than five hours of sleep, whoa baby - I am just flat out exhausted and I can not concentrate. I'm pretty sure my boss is in lurk mode today, so I'm desperately trying to hang in there until 4:15.

btw, mid, I like the bag of hot nickels - I might steal that one. :bigger:

wordsmith
06-23-2005, 12:12 PM
I seriously feel like if my hair looks like crap, it ruins my whole day. It sounds stupid, but it's true. I feel like my hair is the make or break.

bridgetjones
06-23-2005, 12:40 PM
I have fat days, bad skin days, no sleep days, bad hair days... Yeah. As a girl, I get specific with what kind of ugly day I am having.

Bugsey34
06-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Yeah I too have those days where I just feel like everything looks wrong. It's called PMS!

bridgetjones
06-23-2005, 12:50 PM
Welll usually PMS causes fat days and bad skin days... Yes I actually have clear skin all month long and then wham. Yes I actually retain water and look fatter than normal. Then there is that hormone cocktail that makes me more likely to "boo hoo hoo" about it.

Ok temptation do you want to hear about these female problems in detail? :evil:

temptation
06-23-2005, 01:44 PM
Welll usually PMS causes fat days and bad skin days... Yes I actually have clear skin all month long and then wham. Yes I actually retain water and look fatter than normal. Then there is that hormone cocktail that makes me more likely to "boo hoo hoo" about it.

Ok temptation do you want to hear about these female problems in detail? :evil:

I don't mind. Female problems don't bother me. My Mom is an ICU nurse so I grew up listening to some nasty things. Nothing phases me anymore.

But I am glad that I don't get PMS.

temptation
06-23-2005, 01:51 PM
I'm wearing my glasses today (which I occassionally wear as a disguise). A girl in my office said I look nerdy in my glasses. Now I feel much better. :frustrate

J-girl
06-23-2005, 01:52 PM
Whats wrong with that?
Nerdy hot is the NEW BLACK!!!

mishl982
06-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Guys are sexy in glasses!!*

*As long as the glasses fit the man. There have been occurrences where a guy wears a pair not fit right for his face that just messes up the whole sex appeal.

temptation
06-23-2005, 02:45 PM

*As long as the glasses fit the man. There have been occurrences where a guy wears a pair not fit right for his face that just messes up the whole sex appeal.

I don't look too bad in glasses but it makes me look like a totally different person. If I asked a girl out in my glasses and office attire and I showed up in my non-work attire withour glasses she would be like...this is not the guy I accepted a date with!

By the way, I love how you put that little disclaimer in your post! :)

mishl982
06-23-2005, 02:52 PM
By the way, I love how you put that little disclaimer in your post! :)
I felt the need to. Not ALL guys are sexy in their glasses. Actually a guy just stopped in my cubicle with glassse on and he is SO not hot! :p

spokes
06-23-2005, 03:03 PM
i can relate to feeling this way. for the last couple of weeks i keep getting little "beauty marks" on my face and to top it off it appears as if i can't shave anymore to save my life as i keep cutting myself...........

Angyl
06-23-2005, 03:04 PM

River cuomo, yo. He totalyl rocks those glasses and I'd tear them and his clothes off him if I could ever get a chance.

shimmer728
06-23-2005, 05:12 PM
Nerdy hot is the NEW BLACK!!!

True dat! My boyfriend is so cute in his glasses.

When my hair looks like shit, I feel like shit, no question.