PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare about my dad -- I didn't think they got this obvious

tdko
07-20-2005, 11:55 AM
So the wife and I are sitting on the couch talking about dreams, when I suddenly remember mine from last night:

"I was in San Diego visiting Dad. He was like a kid with ADD, always looking around, couldn't sit still. I'm trying to talk to him about whatever and he won't listen to what I'm saying. So I start screaming at him, "Dad! Pay attention to me! I'm down here visiting you. All I want is some attention. Why won't you pay attention to me?"

And when I heard what I said, I freaked out. I didn't even realize what I was dreaming about until I explained. Apparently I need to call my dad tonight and say hi.

Anyone else have any totally revealing dreams/nightmares?

Winter Storm
07-20-2005, 05:33 PM
Alright I had this dream a few nights ago.

In the dream I was still living with my parents. I was going to work and school and carrying on like normal. Everyday I'd come home and talk and hang out with my father.

So one day, I'm on the phone with some dude when I walked in the room and said 'Hi Daddy' to my father. The guy on the phone asked 'You still talk to your father?', I'm like 'what do you mean?', he says 'I mean you still talk to your father like he's still there?'. I still didn't get what he meant, so I went to touch my father's back, cause he was in the bathroom shaving. And my hand went right through him. As if he were a mirage or hologram. He wasn't there. In fact, after this discovery, he faded away and wasn't even in the room.

I suddenly realized that in all the days that I had been talking to him and seeing him, I never actually touched him. He was not there!

I woke up in the middle of the night, my heart racing. It totally freaked me out. What I can't decipher is whether he was a ghost or if he was never there but a figment of my imagination. Either way, it freaked me out.

Now what it means I do not know, maybe that he is always with me...not sure. He's been heavy on my mind lately.

As a sidenote, my father passed away a year and a half ago, FYI.

meatwad
07-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Alright I had this dream a few nights ago.

In the dream I was still living with my parents. I was going to work and school and carrying on like normal. Everyday I'd come home and talk and hang out with my father.

So one day, I'm on the phone with some dude when I walked in the room and said 'Hi Daddy' to my father. The guy on the phone asked 'You still talk to your father?', I'm like 'what do you mean?', he says 'I mean you still talk to your father like he's still there?'. I still didn't get what he meant, so I went to touch my father's back, cause he was in the bathroom shaving. And my hand went right through him. As if he were a mirage or hologram. He wasn't there. In fact, after this discovery, he faded away and wasn't even in the room.

I suddenly realized that in all the days that I had been talking to him and seeing him, I never actually touched him. He was not there!

I woke up in the middle of the night, my heart racing. It totally freaked me out. What I can't decipher is whether he was a ghost or if he was never there but a figment of my imagination. Either way, it freaked me out.

Now what it means I do not know, maybe that he is always with me...not sure. He's been heavy on my mind lately.

As a sidenote, my father passed away a year and a half ago, FYI.

If you were close with your dad, I would say it probably means that right now you need him, and when you go to sleep he's there to make you feel better. I think that's kind of nice. :)

paiger81
07-20-2005, 05:44 PM

Quite a few of my family members(myself included) have had similar 'dreams' about my grandfather(passed away in '00); we are very spiritual, and figure it's just his way of letting us know he is still around. ;)

Winter Storm
07-20-2005, 05:48 PM
If you were close with your dad, I would say it probably means that right now you need him, and when you go to sleep he's there to make you feel better. I think that's kind of nice. :)

My Daddy was my best friend in the whole world. We were like soulmates. And I think you're right.

Thanks!
:bigger:

meatwad
07-20-2005, 05:53 PM
My Daddy was my best friend in the whole world. We were like soulmates. And I think you're right.

Thanks!
:bigger:

Every cloud has a silver lining. Sometimes we just need to polish off the tarnish a bit. :)

midtwenty
07-21-2005, 10:45 AM
WS, my father died about 8.5 years ago. The single dream I've had about him in that time, I am absolutely convinced that it was actually him speaking to me. I don't care what anyone says, my dad visited me that night. I will never forget that dream as long as I live.

meatwad
07-21-2005, 11:10 AM
After my Grandmother died, one of the windows INSIDE our house exploded. That was a little weird.

When my Grandfather died we inherited his TV. We used to have trouble getting it to work right most of the time. We ended up giving it to a couple of people we knew and they never had a problem with it.