PDA

View Full Version : bathing suit shopping

winneythepooh7
10-29-2005, 06:35 PM
OKAY, my bathing suits I have are pretty cheap, boring ones from Old Navy. Any suggestions ladies where I can start looking now for my vacation in January? I also don't want to spend an arm and a leg, which is what I am guessing they will charge me if I go to a good department store. I also need to try on, I can't order something from a catalog. Thanks for the tips :D

ebruening
10-29-2005, 06:59 PM
I got a cute aqua-and-lime-green tankini two piece from Target. (I think it was by Isaac Mizrahi.) It was on clearance, so it cost just over $18 with tax. I always have good luck at Target, and their clothing holds up amazingly well, or so I've found. I always find it difficult to buy swimsuits, as I HAVE to have a tankini top or a one piece (which are usually UGLY and granny-ish), due to some pretty nasty looking scars on my torso. I was very glad to find something that was inexpensive, and looked "youthful" at the same time.

winneythepooh7
10-29-2005, 07:04 PM
I like the boy-bottoms for bathing suits. I have a J-lo ass LOL. I also need a halter-style bikini because I have D-cups so those little triangle tops would never-ever do. I am thinking it may be good to just invest in the money and buy a nice black two piece, because good bathing suits are so hard to find!

ebruening
10-29-2005, 07:09 PM
I like the boy-bottoms for bathing suits. I have a J-lo ass LOL. I also need a halter-style bikini because I have D-cups so those little triangle tops would never-ever do. I am thinking it may be good to just invest in the money and buy a nice black two piece, because good bathing suits are so hard to find!

I've been looking for something similar to the black Mossimo one piece I had in high school. THAT was an awesome-looking swimsuit! I agree, winney, decent swimsuits that don't fall apart in a year's time are hard to find.

winneythepooh7
10-29-2005, 07:13 PM
I think I might just try Nordstrom's. I was looking at their stuff online and it seems pretty decent. See, my problem is, I tend to still shop in the Juniors department. My mom always nags me about this and reminds me constantly that "I am a woman now". I don't want something grandmother-ly either though. *SIGH*

midtwenty
10-29-2005, 09:27 PM
I recommend Venus USA. They have awesome suits, and they guarantee everything you order will fit. You can always find their discontinued stuff for cheap, but even their regular line is fairly affordable. The suits last forever.

Hope you find something you like!

winneythepooh7
10-30-2005, 01:45 PM
Actually there is a year-round bathing suit shop in Long Island near my boyfriend's that I totally forgot about. His mom told me today. I am going to check them out. It'll probably cost my left arm though, since all the private little boutiques in that area are like that...........

mishl982
10-30-2005, 03:09 PM
Check out Water Water Everywhere. I'm not sure if it's nationwide, but there are a few stores in the DC area. They sell bathing suits year-round.