PDA

View Full Version : augh. why does this girl have to be such a bitch

jdt141
11-03-2005, 09:44 AM
What THE HELL. <rant>.

This girl I know (who is engaged), asked me to go along with one of her (our)friends and her boyfriend to basically do some shopping. I really don't want to go, mostly because I have to study. I'm working on my Masters. Its not exactly a walk in the park at times. So she cc's this friend (mutual friend) and says

"So you'll be 'studying'. You know that's all BS. You'll study for 2-3 hours and be done with it."

To which I replied, "Um, sure, b/c this is so easy."

To which she replied. "We all went to college. Make the choice you think is best."

Like, wtf?!? She's moving to DC. Good riddance.
</rant>

Deadend
11-03-2005, 09:52 AM
That's just how studying works. You have to make a 6 hour commitment to get 3 hours (tops) of it done. Anyone who doesn't understand that can go suck it.

WeirdBrake
11-03-2005, 09:56 AM
What is up with assholes who pipe in on stuff about which they know nothing and make judgmental comments to people? Seems like the world is full of them. She's moving to DC? Good. She'll fit in well with the rest of the busybodyish political hacks.

shimmer728
11-03-2005, 09:58 AM
People love to talk out their asses.

jdt141
11-03-2005, 10:20 AM
You know, and its not that I wouldn't mind going... its just that I've got a billion other things going on. Sorry, I've got a new job now. I travel, a LOT. wanna know my schedule? In november alone, I'll be in Pittsburgh (twice), Detroit, Denver, and Washington D.C... like, excuse me if i have to carve out a little bit of my time in Detroit for studying so I can get this masters, which really allows me to get my Ph.D... excuse me if I have goals and have to make some sacrifices. My personal life is a mess because I've put my professional life ahead right now. DEAL. I really just want to tell her, "I'm glad I won't have to put up with you being such a bitch now that you're moving." But I wont. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: </rant>

sorry, i feel better now ya'll. :D

wordsmith
11-03-2005, 10:24 AM
I spent all of my undergrad with people telling me that I didn't need to study as much as I thought I did. Which was probably true, but they weren't coming at it out of sincerely thinking that, they just wanted somebody to go out with. I hate people who pressure you.

spokes
11-03-2005, 12:07 PM
yeah but it is shopping, like the mall will only be open for a few hours, and you have the rest of your life to study........

Kitty
11-03-2005, 12:10 PM
What is up with assholes who pipe in on stuff about which they know nothing and make judgmental comments to people?

Seriously.

MetFanL
11-03-2005, 12:13 PM
I spent all of my undergrad with people telling me that I didn't need to study as much as I thought I did. Which was probably true, but they weren't coming at it out of sincerely thinking that, they just wanted somebody to go out with. I hate people who pressure you.

I was totally this girl. I'll just never understand studying for HOURS one end... I always got to a point where I said to myself "Are you really going to learn a TON more if you study for 2 moure hours?" The answer was usually "no," so out I went. My roommate was a Bio major and I don't know how she lived with me. Although, sometimes, I just generally could see that she NEEDED to take a break and I would MAKE her do something.

shimmer728
11-03-2005, 12:20 PM
See, I've told my sister this, but I really don't see why she can't take a few hours on a Saturday night and go out for a little bit. A few hours is not going to kill you when you spend the rest of the weekend studying. Especially when you're naturally smart. I really believe this.

Kitty
11-03-2005, 12:22 PM
I honestly never studied in college. I don't know how I got through it. I guess because I can write a kick-ass paper in under an hour even if I haven't read the material. That, and most of my homework was just reading novels which I would have done on my own, anyway.

wordsmith
11-03-2005, 12:23 PM
I was totally this girl. I'll just never understand studying for HOURS one end... I always got to a point where I said to myself "Are you really going to learn a TON more if you study for 2 moure hours?" The answer was usually "no," so out I went. My roommate was a Bio major and I don't know how she lived with me. Although, sometimes, I just generally could see that she NEEDED to take a break and I would MAKE her do something.

If I'd gone out, I wouldn't have had fun, because I'd have been stressing about all the stuff I needed to do. I think people shouldn't pressure others.

shimmer728
11-03-2005, 12:27 PM
I think people shouldn't pressure others.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. My sis is really stubborn anyway, so there's point in even trying to pressure her. Best to just drop it after she says no.

I find it annoying that I'm 25, well out of undergrad, and I STILL feel pressured to go out drinking sometimes when I really don't want to. But that's a whole other thread. :) Continue on!

ScottyTheBody
11-04-2005, 04:26 PM
The difference between reading 50 pages of a history or english book and between reading one theorem of math is you can read 25 pages put that book down go out for two hours and pick that book back up.

But for math or any other kind of science I cant really break my thought process go out and pick up where I left off from. I need to read and re read and then practice.

If that makes sense.

This is ESPECIALLY true for computer programming.

Programming could take as little as 2 minutes to the rest of your life to complete. Unfortunately it is extremely rare for me that it takes 2 minutes