PDA

View Full Version : Prospective job interview question

yankeeyosh
11-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Last night (~6:00) , I was on the phone, when a hiring manager called from a local company, and they were interested in interviewing me. In voice mail, they wanted to know when in the next couple of days I was available. I called back and left a message saying that I would be available tomorrow afternoon. But they haven't gotten back to me yet, and I am wondering if he was confused, since he may not have received the message until today, and thought "tomorrow" meant Thursday, and I will be unavailable on Thursday since I have the Big Interview in NY. Should I call back later today just to make sure, or just wait till they get back to me? There were no confirmed times, so I guess there is flexibility...

spokes
11-09-2005, 04:01 PM
might be worth giving him a call to clarify what you meant. hopefully you would be able t speak with him directly and perhaps wrangle a few otehr details out of him.

Ciderhillnh
11-09-2005, 04:04 PM
I would call back to clarify.....but as a heads up, if you are leaving a message like that in the future, give the day and date, and more than one option.
Example:
I am available this Thursday November 10th, as well as Monday November 14th and Tuesday November 15th. Please give me a call back and let me know which one of those might work for your schedule.

This way you give them more days that might work for them and pretty much a better chance than just saying your available on one certain day.

Good luck.

coll214
11-09-2005, 04:17 PM
I"d call back just to verify... and be more specific on the date. And good luck BTW! :)

yankeeyosh
11-09-2005, 04:25 PM
Thanks everyone!

uscuba2
11-09-2005, 11:27 PM
this is why I never leave dates that I'm available in a vmx. it's so much easy to just ask to call me back. it avoids any confusion and adds flexabilty to both parties.