PDA

View Full Version : What does "a few days" equal to?

Angyl
11-14-2005, 04:12 PM
OK, I know you guys are SICK and tired of me whining about this job interview.

I'm sorry, it's all I can think about.

That said, the editor e-mailed me LAST monday and said they were going to look at my ideas and she would be in contact in the next few days. Thursday, I sent her a link to a story i had told her about when we talked on the phone. I thought she'd like to see how it turned out.

No reply.

It's Monday, it's been over 5 business days. I'm tempted to call her and see what's going on, but I'm afraid that's going to seem too desperate. They have been slow about everything regarding this job. Am I freaking out over nothing? Does "a few days" mean a week and a half? Am I right worrying that they're trying to find a way to politely tell me they're not interested?

:confused:

winneythepooh7
11-14-2005, 04:19 PM
I think you should call. My sister is going through a similar thing right now. She has already gone on three interviews and basically the guy just needs to follow up with her refs and let her know if she has the job. He has been mad slow though, to the point she is wondering if she even still wants to work there, for someone like that......

cheshrcarol
11-14-2005, 04:28 PM
It's always a tight line to walk - showing you're really interested in the job and checking back versus being obnoxious. I say check back once every week to week and a half.

yankeeyosh
11-14-2005, 05:00 PM
Well, I have a similar problem...the hiring manager of job i interviewed for last week said he would make a decision "early next week". Well, it's early next week, and I know squat. It looks like another tortuous night is on tap...

spokes
11-14-2005, 05:05 PM
in my mind a few days equals 3 - mostly because there are three letters in the word few......

i'd consider calling and asking "yo dog, whut up"......

Bugsey34
11-14-2005, 05:14 PM
I would call, but maybe that is just me being aggressive. I feel like if you really want the job they should appreciate that, not dislike it.

Jedi of Zen
11-14-2005, 05:30 PM
I don't think it ever hurts to be persistent. I'd say 5 days is plenty of time. If they're not going to hire you, it's their responsibility to make that clear. You don't have to come off as a smartass, just keep politely checking in. *shrugs* just mho.

Angyl
11-14-2005, 05:36 PM
well, after i sent my resume i bugged and bugged the editor and i JUST sent that e-mail thursday with my story. I didin't ask about the interview, but I thougth sending anything in general would be a nice nudge to say "helllooooo???"

I feel bad becuase last time i called and then e-mailed a few days later, she told me they had been dragging their feet and then her father went to the hospital. I felt like a mean mean person then.