PDA

View Full Version : Is it supposed to be this bad?

easyLA
06-23-2006, 01:32 PM
:frustrate

I am 26 years old and moved to LA about 3 years ago... Initially to join the entertainment industry, but after about 1 year of horrifying experiences with that, my depression got overwhelming and I had to get out... I've gotten mostly retail jobs here as I don't really have experience doing much else and now it's all catching up to me. I'm in debt, still making only about 26k a year and wondering how on earth I got here anyway... I work in Beverly Hills and see stupidly rich people blow money and waste time every single day and I'm starting to get really pissed about the inbalance in it all!!! It's too bad because while I have a pretty good relationship with my boyfriend I see myself venting on him a lot and putting pressure on us to take the next step in our relationship (moving in). Basically I'm wondering what I am doing in this ridiculous city and why I'm still here if I feel like this. The worst part is I'd feel like a "quitter" if I moved back home and all my friends have left that town so there's not a lot to go back too. Is it supposed to be this bad??? Why can't I find a better job??? Should I get outta here? I feel absolutely insane!

lonestar
06-23-2006, 02:15 PM
I have a love/hate relationship with LA: I love to visit, but would hate to live there...I don't know why but it just seems like there is a lot of stress living in LALA.

No shame in going back...I am thinking about going back home to the Northeast after I finish working on my post-bacc studies in a couple years...I love Austin, but there is no place like the familiar/comfortable...

care99bare
06-23-2006, 02:23 PM
I'm moving home. July 22nd. Not in with my parents, but they're being a HUGE help. I'm not terribly far from home now, and i occasionally go to social events in my hometown, and i don't know where you're from, but in my experience... i was shocked at how many people DIDN'T leave. I am also constantly shocked by how many other people are moving back. I'd say about 10% of my graduating HS class actually moved and is still gone. Everyone else is still in Richmond or on their way back. Don't feel like a quitter... not every city is for everyone!

disillusion
06-23-2006, 03:33 PM
What about moving to a different location that isnít your hometown? I went through a similar experience in NYC and moved back home, I know wish I would have tired a different city rather than moving back here.