PDA

View Full Version : ....

CityGal
08-01-2006, 10:12 AM
My life is spiraling out of control. The little grasp on it I had is slowly dwindling away. I am inches from crying at work. I havenít a clue what to do anymore. It seems like no one is paying attention to me or that no one really cares about my problems or issues. My lease is up at the end of the month and the landlord hiked up the rent 14%--which means that if I stay I will be living on can foods. I desperately need a new job. Everyone wants answers from me and I donít know what the hell to do. What do I do? I feel like spending the next thirty minutes in the bathroom of my office crying my woes away. Where do I begin to correct things? How do I begin to piece it all together? It feels like I am just a baby complaining about everything that is happening to me. I barely hear all my friends in my age group complaining about life and what is happening.

hoodie
08-01-2006, 10:17 AM
Citygal, if you find yourself crying uncontrollably like this, consider the idea that you might be depressed and need some help. I know that you probably don't want another problem to add to the others right now, but honestly, if you can get your mindset in order, it's often easier to deal with other things that seem insurmountable. Having suffered through clinical depression myself (and yes, one of the telltale signs for me was that I would break down sobbing at least a few times per week on the job, another was feeling like I couldn't handle anything, and a third was feeling isolated from everyone) and gone through counseling, life is much better for it. Hang in there sweetie, and please, consider getting yourself some help- there is ABSOLUTLEY nothing to be ashamed of!

winneythepooh7
08-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Is getting a roommate, if only temporarily an option? What about borrowing money from your parents? Second or P/T job?

Tenshi28
08-01-2006, 10:44 AM
It feels like I am just a baby complaining about everything that is happening to me. I barely hear all my friends in my age group complaining about life and what is happening.

I feel like that very often now being unhappy at work and none of my friends seem to go through anything remotely similar. I can only talk with my wife about it and she obviously ends up getting a little tired of my rants.

There's a lot of us feeling something similar to what you're feeling, that's the great thing about this board, that you can feel you're not alone and at least that helps a little.

CTGirl
08-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Sounds like you're just feeling overwhelemed by life right now, which seems to be something that a lot of people here are also suffering from, so you are clearly not alone, despite what your friends might say.

Rather than sobbing your eyes out (that'll just make your face all swollen :razz: ) I think you need to take a deep breath, and try to calm yourself down a bit. Everything is going to turn out just fine--you arent going to be living on the street--but you can't be useful to yourself all stressed out.

I'm sure you are more than capable of getting things back in order, and if you need suggestions and support, you know we are all here for you! :huge:

CCrox24
08-01-2006, 01:02 PM
I almost cried at work today, honey. I know how you feel. It's just one of those days, I guess. Just think "this too shall pass"...use that as your mantra for life!

CityGal
08-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Overwhelmed seems like an understatement. Although thanks to your advices I have been getting the wheels in this little hamster cage rolling. It is still difficult though...because we honestly never know what's going to happen in the end. Guess I just have to hope for the best.

Krishna
08-01-2006, 01:17 PM
My life is spiraling out of control. The little grasp on it I had is slowly dwindling away. I am inches from crying at work. I havenít a clue what to do anymore. It seems like no one is paying attention to me or that no one really cares about my problems or issues. My lease is up at the end of the month and the landlord hiked up the rent 14%--which means that if I stay I will be living on can foods. I desperately need a new job. Everyone wants answers from me and I donít know what the hell to do. What do I do? I feel like spending the next thirty minutes in the bathroom of my office crying my woes away. Where do I begin to correct things? How do I begin to piece it all together? It feels like I am just a baby complaining about everything that is happening to me. I barely hear all my friends in my age group complaining about life and what is happening.

Indulge yourself in 5 minutes fo crying when you get home- but no more. After that start investigating your options, i.e. someplace else to live and/or alternate employment opportunities. Good luck.

CityGal
08-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Seems like I am slowly starting to turn the wheels. Hopefully this will let me get back on that hamster wheel. Thank You all.