PDA

View Full Version : Quick & Cheap Vacation Ideas?

ovr-achievr
08-15-2006, 01:44 PM
I'm new so this is my first post!

I started a job recently right out of college, so I haven't had a vacation for a while. And now that I have some money, I really want to get away for a short time (very short since I don't have many vacations days yet...)

So any ideas on cheap/short/last minute vacations? Perhaps just a weekend getaway? I live in Ohio btw.

I've been working my butt off for the last year, with senior year, finals, and then straight to work. Blah. I really need a vacation.

Thanks!

wordsmith
08-15-2006, 01:47 PM
Find a bargain flight to wherever one's going to, and explore a new city for a weekend. That's what I did when Southwest had $80 flights between Chicago and Austin last winter. Very refreshing!

MollyMe
08-15-2006, 08:12 PM
cedar point!!!

winneythepooh7
08-15-2006, 08:14 PM
New York City. If planned well, you can do it somewhat cheaply.

kipper
08-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Perhaps look on travel zoo. They have some cheap things listed.

PenforPrez
08-15-2006, 10:53 PM
So any ideas on cheap/short/last minute vacations? Perhaps just a weekend getaway? I live in Ohio btw.

Depending on where in Ohio you are, the Gettysburg/Harrisburg/Lancaster PA area is great, and would be great for a three-day weekend. I went there for two days last month, and had an incredible time.

I found unbelieveably cheap rooms in York, PA, but it was off-peak too. That's key. Plenty to see and do no matter what you like. The battlefield at Gettysburg, the Hershey plant, the Harley plant, the Amish country. Lots of hills, and that stretch of the Susquehanna is breathtaking. I LOVED it; I'm dying to go back.

Paul

Kitty
08-16-2006, 12:06 AM
Sometimes my boyfriend and I just rent fancy hotel rooms in cities that are relatively close (anywhere from 1-4 hours away). It's pretty fun to just go somewhere new and spend the day exploring, eating out, taking photos, etc. The biggest expense is the hotel room and we usually only stay one night.