PDA

View Full Version : Lost

two_shots
04-10-2007, 05:05 AM
I have never felt so lost and confused about my life. After finishing university I felt great, I moved back to my parents house, (happy in a way b/c I no longer had to pay rent) and went on to a post grad in college in HR. But I found my self burnt out. I hated my part-time job, and was always getting into fights with my managers. The girl whom I had liked, and had graduated with, becomes a flight attandant, and ahs a boyfriend and barely speaks to me. I dread going to school, and feel that college (at least at the post grad level) isn't as practical or as useful as I thought it once was. Worse I find myself in a state of constant depression, with sudden outbreaks of extreme happyness here and there. Even worse I have begun drinking excessively and cutting class. I dont know what to do anymore. What have you guys done to get over this?

arrow
04-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Hi, welcome, I'm sorry you are going through this right now.

I think a lot of people here have experienced depression at some point. I have. What worked for me was keeping busy, plus time, plus learning how to forgive myself (if that makes any sense). Keeping busy didn't necessarily make me feel much better right away, but it DID give me a sense of accomplishment when I completed something, even something as small as cleaning my room or baking a pie. Sometimes you have to force your own hand, but it must be done. Remember, too, that doing stuff puts you in positions for change, which CAN actually make you feel better. You can't change your situation if you don't do anything, or if you don't do anything constructive.

I would advise you to stop cutting class. I'm sure you've heard it before, but seriously, it's probably the best option. The reason being that it will keep you busy and propel you forward even if it doesn't feel like it at the time. Hey at least you are doing something. In the meantime, look for new jobs if that's part of the problem.

Also remember not to beat yourself up about feeling this way. Lots of people do, and you'll get through it in time.

It sounds as if you kind of already know what you should be doing. Good luck. Stick around the boards if that helps.

steve sperd
04-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Talk to someone about it now. Sit down and have a serious talk with your parents, or best friend. Possibly see a therapist. Depression should be taken seriously like a disease, and the sooner you go about getting help the sooner you can be happy again.

Kitty
04-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Oh, I thought this was going to be about the show. :D