PDA

View Full Version : torn...moving on

dreams82
05-11-2008, 08:40 PM
My heart literally aches. I was seeing this guy for about 2.5 months, then he left to go to military firefighting school in TX (we're from MA) and he was away for about 4 months...he is now back, been back for a week. He has contacted me since his return, we ended our relationship back in March, his drinking was out of control, and long distance just was not working. It hurt then, and I knew it would also hurt when he came back. I know he is no good for me, and I need to let go, but a small part of me wants to see him, I miss him in some ways. I also know that seeing him will be very hard, but seeing him out will be unavoidable, I will bump into him, we live in small towns right near eachother. Even though the relationship was bad, it still makes me sad and it's so hard for me to move on. I feel like I need to properly address this situation before I can move on to other people, isn't that only fair? What do you people think?

MLMaestro
05-11-2008, 09:36 PM
You said you would bump into him frequently. The key is to get him out of your system...maybe deliberately work overtime, go out more with friends, take part in activities which would limit the chances of seeing him to a minimum? Distance helps to dissolve away feelings.

And you said he is not good...would you be happy and blissful if you do marry him? He could be abusive. I don't think it is very appealing to keep getting beaten up by a guy whom you love right? As the saying goes..."women enter relationships hoping to change the man, but the man never changes".

The decision is yours...do what would benefit you most, in the long run.