PDA

View Full Version : It's been 2 weeks since the interview...

hereisnewyork
07-15-2008, 02:58 PM
So it's been 2 weeks since my interview, I sent the thank you emails, and I haven't heard a thing. With this long of a wait, is it even possible they are still interested? Would it be the right thing to call them and ask if they've made any decisions about the position? or is it best to assume and leave it alone?

Deni81
07-15-2008, 03:47 PM
So it's been 2 weeks since my interview, I sent the thank you emails, and I haven't heard a thing. With this long of a wait, is it even possible they are still interested? Would it be the right thing to call them and ask if they've made any decisions about the position? or is it best to assume and leave it alone?

I wish I had some advice for you. I'm kinda of going through the same thing myself. I had a great interview last Tuesday and the principal even said she really liked me and that she would really like to hire me. She said she would call sometime in the next week. I sent an email the day after the interview to show again how interested i was in the job. Now I just have to wait.

spiritedaway
07-15-2008, 06:23 PM
I wouldn't second guess since some employers are slow, but I would continue to apply to other stuff. I have an interview next week so I will be in the same position...

Personally, in my opinion, I'd considered myself out of the runnning unless they call back for a second or third interview, or if they make me an offer. Normally, whenever I have a good interview, the offer is accompanied shortly after (usually a day or two) and on one occasion, that same afternoon (but never longer than a week). That's just been my experience, and as I said, some places are slower in making their decision if they want to finish interviewing other candidates.

If you really want to find out, wait another week and then call. Keep applying to other stuff in the meantime.

Good luck!

callyna81
07-19-2008, 12:57 AM
My previous positions have taken five, five, and three weeks before I got an offer, if that helps. And only one included a second interview.

seasidebreeze
07-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Employers definitely can take a long time. I think for my current job, it was five weeks as well until I was hired with two interviews. I don't think it is fair that they make people wait as long as they do, but that's the way it goes unfortunately.

gemma-dahl
07-19-2008, 11:47 AM
It is appropriate to follow up with a phone call at this point. The paper for which I worked on staff and still now work freelance took three weeks to let me know that I had landed the job - and that was because I called them. It was pretty clear in the interview that I was their choice candidate because they pretty much came out and said it.

But, I interviewed there right before the big holiday rush. Even though I was the preferred candidate, hiring me was not the top priority - getting the papers out with the giant, expanded ad sections was. A deadline can't change, and no one wants to train a new staffer during a rush like that.

So even if you're a sure thing, there are often good internal reasons why people are dragging their feet. It sucks, sure. But it's so common.

winneythepooh7
07-20-2008, 11:01 AM
I'd call and follow up, but still keep sending out the resumes and going on the interviews.