PDA

View Full Version : what are you doing tonight

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

hoodie
05-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Whoa, ouch! Hope you feel better. Heat & Advil, as I'm sure you've heard, but having been there before, I know that's even small comfort. Hang tough man.

Tayl405
05-07-2009, 12:37 PM
I threw it out playing basketball last night. Certain movements are very painful. I sneezed an hour ago and thought I was going to die. I didn't put up a thread although I thought about it.

Oh no, that sucks! Are you at work today?

LakeJay
05-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Oh no, that sucks! Are you at work today?

Technically, yes. I'm working from home today. I've been taking Alleve and icing it while I sit here.

LakeJay
05-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Whoa, ouch! Hope you feel better. Heat & Advil, as I'm sure you've heard, but having been there before, I know that's even small comfort. Hang tough man.

Thanks...Going with the Alleve right now. I'm icing right now but I do need to put some heat on it though.

HDC80
05-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Phew its been quite the week!

Monday I saw Third Eye Blind, they were alright, pretty cheesy actually.

Last night danced my booty off to Benny Benassi, for those of you not familiar...you actually might be----here is a link to his BIG song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4dNoH-5rrk

Best part? I got up on the block in the middle of the dancefloor, was really into it, great tune spinning....I stepped to far, and BLAM to the floor I went....landed square on my back. Have an AWESOME hematoma on my left calf just below my knee from hitting the corner.

Tonight going to the Puma bar/club to watch and party with the world race sailors that will be leaving our Harbor at 11am tomorrow.

And tomorrow morning hop a plane to a tropical island----but before you think its something fun...its to take care of my ailing grandmother. So while the scenery will be nice, I wont be going to the beach or doing anything fun...Ill be in suits every day at meetings.

Tayl405
05-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Tonight I'm using all my will-power and self-control to avoid happy hour and go for a walk. Then I have to get stuff done around the apartment.

This weekend I have to clean, go to yoga, exercise, going out with my best girlfriends tomorrow night, visiting my boyfriend's mom who is recovering from surgery, and... packing for Vegas! :D Yay!

sondra_finchley
05-15-2009, 10:55 AM
As usual, nothing much happening here this weekend. I may start deep cleaning and sorting out stuff I can sell/donate and throwing stuff Im just never going to use again. The office should really be picked up and organized better too- its just not conducive right now to proper work! Also need to do some bill paying and general banking clean-up.

Tomorrow I may roll downtown and see what cheap clothing is to be had on sale racks, but other than that I think Ill just hang out, get in a long ride if its nice, and read some new books I bought yesterday!

Bocheezu
05-15-2009, 11:16 AM
I threw it out playing basketball last night. Certain movements are very painful. I sneezed an hour ago and thought I was going to die. I didn't put up a thread although I thought about it.

Back injuries just blow. Somehow I got sciatic nerve pain on my right side out of nowhere a couple weeks ago. I ran 5k one day, was fine the next morning, and while sitting at work something got completely messed up. After I stood up, I could barely walk the pain in my lower back was so bad. It's very slowly going back to normal and I still can't run, which is really disappointing because I was training to run a 5k over Memorial Day weekend.

Either way, as someone that never had back pain before, it's rather amazing how a bad back can affect everything and how difficult it can become to just move around. Standing up after sitting was super painful and it sucks to walk around like an old man.

fuzmiq
05-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Bday weekend.

Tonight: Game night and Indian food
Tomorrow: India Arie in concert!!!
Sunday: Overnight dance excursion to NYC

FishOutOfWater
05-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Tonight I'm going out for sushi to celebrate being halfway through my grad degree. :D

Saturday night I'm volunteering at the MSW graduation as an usher and then going to the reception afterwards. after the reception I'm invited to a bar with some of my classmates.

Sunday I'm thinking of going to the local horse racing tracks for $1 admission day.

It's nice to be done with the semester and to have a life back for awhile that involves something other than sitting on my ass and studying!

winneythepooh7
05-15-2009, 04:27 PM
It's really warm and sunny here today so I am thinking of taking my son for a walk in a little while.

Tonight we'll probably get take-out in some form, watch tv and read.

The weekend is pretty wide open with nothing much planned. If the weather is nice I think I am going to just sit outside under our big tree and catch up on some books.

My sister might come down for a few days on Sunday. I am also planning on purging a lot of pre-pregnancy outfits. My clothes fit a lot differently now since having a baby.

PenforPrez
05-15-2009, 09:01 PM
This weekend is not going to be fun. I have $1 in my pocket till payday on Monday. :( I recently bought a DVD set I've been wanting for years, so I'll be spending a lot of time watching that. I got a lot of reading and writing planned and a lot of walking around the neighborhood. :) Keeping it simple. Good times! :D

Paul

Mollygurl
05-20-2009, 02:06 PM
I think tonight might be a good night for mid-week cocktails - anyone else??

Tayl405
05-20-2009, 02:14 PM
I will definitely be having mid-week cocktails. I'm leaving for Vegas tonight, yay!

LakeJay
05-20-2009, 02:30 PM
I will definitely be having mid-week cocktails. I'm leaving for Vegas tonight, yay!

Rub it in, why don't you? :p Have a great time.

Seeing my doctor about my back...I have a feeling it might be a herniated disc but I'm hoping it's not.

Hitting Walmart and heading over to my parents' for dinner. I'll probably show them my Pittsburgh visit pics as well.

PenforPrez
05-20-2009, 08:39 PM
My friend invited me out for trivia night tonight! Yay! Game on! :D

Tomorrow, I have to go to the dentist. That will be far less pleasant. Lots of blood and pain. Woohoo! :rolleyes:

Paul

ugarachel82
05-20-2009, 08:52 PM
I have the house to myself tonight! Enjoying the quiet with the windows cranked open and enjoying the nice weather in the living room and ordering in, maybe enjoy a mid-week glass of wine and a movie later. Life is good, summer is here, I'm almost done with my certificate program, and I move to a new apartment in a few weeks. Transitions abound and life is an adventure.

HDC80
05-21-2009, 09:10 AM
Flew home yesterday....had enough time to get laundry done, repaint my toes....and then headed out to see PRODIGY!!

Amazing in concert, energy was unreal. After, we were walking out and ran into the guy we met at the Tricky concert in April. So we all grabbed drinks.

Tonight, Im headed to Providence to see the FF, get some take out and sit in the park in the city since its going to be mega hot. Apparently he got me something while I was away....which is cool since I got him something when on my trip.

sondra_finchley
05-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Weve been visiting with my parents for the last two days - its been pretty hot and sunny! Today I took a walk down by (and in) the lake and well head home early evening- have to get work wrapped up for Monday before I head out of town on Tuesday. Should be al lovely lazy afternoon....

HDC- heres hoping the show goes off next Saturday!

HDC80
05-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Sondra....what show?

sondra_finchley
05-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Depeche Mode- theyve canceled the first 7 or 9 shows

FishOutOfWater
05-21-2009, 09:55 PM
I'm going to a BBQ in a little under an hour. trying to think of something fun but not too expensive to do over the next few days because my SO has a three-day weekend (which is RARE in his field).

PenforPrez
05-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Dentist=not pleasant. :( I'd sooner have met Dick Cheney in a dark alley than gone to the dentist, but it needed to be done.

My aunt is in town from Pennsylvania, and I joined them at dinner with a lot of my older relatives this evening. Had a good time; it's always good to see them. :) Currently sitting with some coffee, looking at some plans for the next quiz bowl season. It's time to plan.

Paul

HDC80
05-22-2009, 08:59 AM
huh...hadnt heard they had bailed on several shows...thats not good...any reason given?

Tonight Im having a friend drive up to then head into the city to begin what is 4 DAYS and NIGHTS of celebration for my friends Birthday.

Tonight we hit the classy lounge/bar dressed up for some cocktails and giggles.

Tomorrow probably hanging with the FF in his state....driving back to then get all pretty for my friends BIG night celebration. Sushi dinner with 12 of us, then heading to the best Sox game bar near Fenway for insanity.

Thinking of a day trip Sunday...maybe to Block Island...but that depends on how cold it will be....

Sunday night...maybe a movie? Maybe a late night picnic on the water at my friends lake house

Monday pool party/margarita day with the girls to chill and unwind. Followed up by stopping at my friends house to catch up while she packs for her quick work trip to LA.....and her Birthday is NEXT weekend...so 2 more days of mayhem await!

winneythepooh7
05-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Spending the whole weekend home and outside if it remains nice. Grilling and maybe some frozen cocktails.

I want to try to run out at some point to get my nails done.

My husband is planning a wiffle ball tournament with his friends in the street in front of our house.

PenforPrez
05-28-2009, 08:30 PM
This weekend is my annual quizbowl pilgrimage to Chicago. Four of us are going up together; this is going to be a lot of fun! :) I'm getting laundry done, went and got some snacks, filled up the car. Nothing I love better than going on the road!

Paul

FishOutOfWater
05-29-2009, 02:26 AM
In about 24 hours I'm headed on a red eye to Central America for the next two weeks. While I will have internet access I don't expect to have much time to visit my usual haunts. Catch you all on the flip side. :)

ebruening
05-29-2009, 07:41 AM
Moving to a smaller apartment. I also have to start Saturday class this weekend - seriously, whose graduate program includes Saturday school? :eek:

HDC80
05-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Most of my friends in grad school have weekend classes.

As for myself...think Im seeing my friend who is in town from California. Its been 2.5 years at LEAST. So Dessert and drinks.

FF is coming up after work.....so he and I will meet up with my friend in town, and then we are heading to a reunion of sorts at a club. Its all the old premotion people and DJ's just at a different venue. Woot! Im on the VIP guest list...no cover charge, and booth!

Tomorrow FF will get up early to head to work, Ill probably clean my house, run some errands, and then he'll be back so that we'll head to my friends Bday party at this neat hotel bar.....and possibly head to a concert in the city after. Or concert then meet for drinks.....

Sunday.....maybe go to one of the small ocean towns and wander, probably get some lunch, and general goofyness.

Then back to the grind!

Tayl405
05-29-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm on recovery from Vegas!

Tonight I'm staying in with my BF and we're making dinner and watching a movie or playing games.

Tomorrow I'm going to a yoga class then for a bike ride. Hopefully the pool at some point. I may just hang in tomorrow night or a friend may come over.

Then Sunday I'm going for a walk and laying by the pool.

I'm so excited for a cheap, relaxing, healthy weekend. Last weekend was anything BUT that!

wordsmith
05-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Not sure about tonight, but the weekend will hopefully allow some time for fishing!

LakeJay
05-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Tonight - Not much...maybe just homecooked dinner with gf. Have a few Yuengling's and either watch "Doubt" or "Seven Pounds" via Netflix.

Tomorrow - Go for an early run. Possible brunch with sisters and their SO's. Christening for buddy's little boy. BBQ party after. Maybe Thai dinner or extension of celebration at night.

Sunday - I'm thinking a day of Princeton but I'd be just as happy doing nothing but laundry and relaxing.

Tayl405
05-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Tonight - Not much...maybe just homecooked dinner with gf. Have a few Yuengling's and either watch "Doubt" or "Seven Pounds" via Netflix.

I really want to see Doubt. Have you seen it yet? Maybe I'll rent that tonight. Seven Pounds was really good. Heavy though.

LakeJay
05-29-2009, 01:49 PM
I really want to see Doubt. Have you seen it yet? Maybe I'll rent that tonight. Seven Pounds was really good. Heavy though.

Haven't seen it. But my dad really liked it...which kind of surprised me. He saw it twice at the theatre. :eek:

So Seven Pounds is heavy? Hmmm...do I need that for a Friday night? We'll see.

Tayl405
05-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Haven't seen it. But my dad really liked it...which kind of surprised me. He saw it twice at the theatre. :eek:

So Seven Pounds is heavy? Hmmm...do I need that for a Friday night? We'll see.

My mom said Doubt was one of her all-time favorite movies.

Yeah, Seven Pounds is very heavy and dark. Very, very good, but if you want something lighter I would save it for another day. What are you guys making for dinner?

LakeJay
05-29-2009, 01:59 PM
My mom said Doubt was one of her all-time favorite movies.

Yeah, Seven Pounds is very heavy and dark. Very, very good, but if you want something lighter I would save it for another day. What are you guys making for dinner?

Your mom's high praise and my dad's thumbs up review definitely has me leaning towards watching Doubt. I like Philip Seymour Hoffman. I'm sure Meryl is excellent as well.

Not sure what the gf is making. She said she was going to make something from one of her cookbooks. She also found a recipe for a Filipino dish (pancit) but I think she's going to pass on trying it tonight.

What movie or game is on the agenda tonight for you two?

Tayl405
05-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Well now I'm thinking about renting Doubt. I hadn't really thought about it. We're super cheesy though (ok, I'm super cheesy because I'm the one who always wants to play) and we have a tie-breaker in Sorry that's been outstanding. :p

wordsmith
05-29-2009, 02:46 PM
We went to see Doubt on Christmas Day, while visiting my boyfriend's very large, Italian Catholic family. His cousins and siblings, all college age and slightly older, were appalled that we would go see something "that bashes the Catholic Church" on Christmas.

We chuckled, because 1. It doesn't bash the Catholic Church, and 2. Interestingly, when we had invited all those same cousins/siblings to go to Midnight Mass with us the night before, they turned us down in favor of getting drunk and playing Guitar Hero all night. :rolleyes:

It's a good film...very strong performances. And I for the most part have found that excellent plays make excellent movies.

wordsmith
05-29-2009, 02:47 PM
I am now marinating steak to cook tonight. Boy should be thrilled.

ugarachel82
05-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Moving to a smaller apartment. I also have to start Saturday class this weekend - seriously, whose graduate program includes Saturday school? :eek:

Ha. Welcome to my world as well. I'm in a literacy certificate program and we had ALOT of Saturday seminar-type classes along with one night a week classes. But then again, it's geared toward teachers getting additional coursework/professional development, so I guess it has to be that way.

I am also finishing a move to a smaller apartment further away from the city (Sunday), along with a short stint at a friend's Wisconsin country cabin tonight and Saturday. Should be a good weekend.

yankeeyosh
05-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Having dinner with my girlfriend...not sure after that.

winneythepooh7
05-29-2009, 05:25 PM
My parents have been down for the week, and are leaving tommorrow, so we are going out for a later dinner with DH's parents later on tonight after he gets home and mows the lawn and such.

Nothing much planned this weekend. I am going to try to meet up with one of my cousin's on Sunday for brunch or something like that.

ebruening
05-29-2009, 05:40 PM

Tomorrow - Go for an early run. Possible brunch with sisters and their SO's. Christening for buddy's little boy. BBQ party after. Maybe Thai dinner or extension of celebration at night.

Sunday - I'm thinking a day of Princeton but I'd be just as happy doing nothing but laundry and relaxing.

OOH - I'd definitely recommend "Doubt." I watched it just last week, and LOVED it! Highly recommended :)

ebruening
05-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Hooray - I just sweet-talked the apartment manager into letting us have our keys a day early, so we can get an early start on our move tomorrow. She let us have our keys a day early, without charging us for the extra day :D

ugarachel82
05-31-2009, 10:19 PM
Hooray - I just sweet-talked the apartment manager into letting us have our keys a day early, so we can get an early start on our move tomorrow. She let us have our keys a day early, without charging us for the extra day :D

Sweet!

I'm fully in my new apartment now. It's bizarre though. I only have one roommate instead of 5, and she's out of town this week. It's really quiet and Erie. I only have to work at one job instead of two tomorrow, and then I will get a jump on unpacking and hopefully get a workout in as well. Welcome to my shiny new life.

ebruening
06-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Sweet!

I'm fully in my new apartment now. It's bizarre though. I only have one roommate instead of 5, and she's out of town this week. It's really quiet and Erie. I only have to work at one job instead of two tomorrow, and then I will get a jump on unpacking and hopefully get a workout in as well. Welcome to my shiny new life.

We're all moved in, too! Now, we just have to unpack :eek: Aside from a leaky washer and a slightly broken door, the place is decent. The manager promised to fix those items today, when maintenance could swap out the washer and call in a company to fix the door.

steph78
06-01-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm going to bed early tonight because I'm supposed to go to the hospital at the crack of dawn tomorrow AM to have a baby!

hoodie
06-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Wow, congrats steph!

ugarachel82
06-01-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm going to bed early tonight because I'm supposed to go to the hospital at the crack of dawn tomorrow AM to have a baby!

Congrats! Hope everything goes as well as planned!

Tayl405
06-01-2009, 03:12 PM

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear how it went!

Tonight I'm going out for crabs and beer. Very excited. :)

ebruening
06-01-2009, 04:57 PM

Congrats!!!

LakeJay
06-01-2009, 05:28 PM

Oh...is that it? ;): Congratulations!

ugarachel82
06-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Congratulations! Can't wait to hear how it went!

Tonight I'm going out for crabs and beer. Very excited. :)

Sounds like much more fun than giving birth. :D

wordsmith
06-01-2009, 07:33 PM
It's not giving birth, but I am making a nice taco bake and going to choir practice while S.O. starts his summer classes.

ugarachel82
06-01-2009, 07:48 PM
It's not giving birth, but I am making a nice taco bake and going to choir practice while S.O. starts his summer classes.

That's more my speed for an evening anyway. Good deal. I plan on making something for dinner and watching a few Netflix episodes myself before passing out to wake up at 5:30 for work tomorrow. Oy.

PenforPrez
06-02-2009, 01:25 AM
Congrats on the baby Steph! :)

Went to the Cardinals game this evening; I got the ticket when the team I was on won a big trivia night recently. The Cardinals lost to the Cincinnati Reds 5 to 3. :( Fuck the Reds! :p

Met a girl at the game. :D A friend from the trivia team had brought her along. She admitted to having problems asking too many questions, which is a problem I have. We had a lot in common. Got her number and her email addy. Woohoo! :) When I asked, she paused for the slightest moment, and I nearly died. :redface:

Around the 6th inning, she mentioned she really wanted some lemonade, but there was seemingly none to be had. What else was a red-blooded American man to do? I got up to find some. ;) I looked at every food stand on that side of the stadium. I was told to go to the third deck to another food court on the other side of the stadium, only to find one vendor selling lemonade out of a basket. I bought the souvenir cup of lemonade and completed a full lap around the stadium to surprise her with it. Score! :D

Tomorrow, I've got some long-overdue cooking to do. I don't get to seriously cook as much as I used to. :(

Paul

ebruening
06-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Had a fun evening last night - went out for an outdoor coffee-and-reading session with my husband, and then we walked around my college campus and shared our "when I was in college..." stories. It was fun, especially since we learned previously unknown things about each other. After that, we decided to have a fancy dinner at home, so we walked to the grocery store and used our grill pan (I'm still waiting for a real grill) to make a fantastic meal for ourselves.

wordsmith
06-07-2009, 11:35 AM
The pollen count has been too high for us to be anywhere but inside. My poor boyfriend can barely breathe, and it kills his spirit not to spend free time outdoors, so that kind of sucks. I did cheer him up by cooking gourmet dinner, though.

winneythepooh7
06-07-2009, 11:38 AM
The pollen count has been too high for us to be anywhere but inside. My poor boyfriend can barely breathe, and it kills his spirit not to spend free time outdoors, so that kind of sucks. I did cheer him up by cooking gourmet dinner, though.

We're going through the same issue. There are a ton of outdoor events going on that I would LOVE to go to but the pollen, plus the fact that my husband can't walk very far distances because of his healing achille's tendon has been putting the damper on things lately.

I think we are going to *try* to go to the local park in a little while and sit by the water, and then just grill outback later.

wordsmith
06-07-2009, 11:45 AM
I have to perform with my choir at the city's Pride festival today, and I'm hoping that it's not too allergenic an experience. I think we've axed the usual bike ride today.

ebruening
06-07-2009, 12:17 PM
I think we've axed the usual bike ride today.

I should be doing that with my husband right now - instead, I wimped out in order to save my strength for my ride to the university tomorrow. Summer classes officially begin tomorrow, but I've been at home today working on the "pre-session" homework assignments. I miss the times when my husband and I could ride our bikes together...I'm really crabby because summer school is seemingly endless.

Hope the pollen count goes down soon, Words, and hope you're able to get a nice walk in by the water, Winney.

PenforPrez
06-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Sitting here eating dinner currently. With some coffee. Life is better with coffee. :)

Need to do some laundry tonight. Need to call a girl I met at a barbeque over the weekend. Need to practice my guitar at some point. Too bad I'm already exhausted. :(

Tomorrow, my friend and I are taking a quizbowl coach out to dinner whose quizbowl ideology is in direct opposition to ours. My friend hates this particular coach (but because of the position he holds, we have to deal with him), so I'm not exactly sure what he's up to. :question:

Paul

Tayl405
06-10-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm going to try to watch Vicki Cristina Barcelona tonight. Anyone seen it?

sondra_finchley
06-10-2009, 03:33 PM
The boy and I are motoring to Milwaukee to watch the Brewers game in the cheapest seats possible. If Im lucky Ill get a pretzel with cheese.

Tomorrow night drinks by the lake with old boss, old coworker, and the other guy from our department who is still there (wasnt laid off/quit). Cant WAIT to chat with old boss (who was one of two I had) about what went down last fall and find out whats currently going down with the guy still there.

HDC80
06-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Well....tonight turns out to be pretty interesting.

The FF Im seeing....well he is getting an award from a town due to an act of heroism. They're having a big to do about it an hour from my house...so Im bombing there post work to be there to see it.

His entire fire team will be there (have yet to meet the guys), his parents, grand parents etc....so its a really proud moment.

Last year, he was walking to a rehersal dinner, and saw a house on fire, not even thinking he went in to make sure no one was in there. There was a 9 year old boy, so he picked the kid up and brought him to safety. Called the fire dept of that town, made sure the kid was safe and went on his way to the rehersal dinner.

Im kinda proud.

pisces2473
06-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Whoa! I missed this about Steph having the baby! Has she posted? I hope all went well.

ugarachel82
06-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Whoa! I missed this about Steph having the baby! Has she posted? I hope all went well.

I haven't seen anything as of yet. I hope all is well!

ugarachel82
06-10-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm going to try to watch Vicki Cristina Barcelona tonight. Anyone seen it?

I did. I had mixed feelings about it. I'm not usually a Woody Allen fan, but I liked it in the sense that it told a very unique story. I enjoyed following the plot and story of both girls as they "find themselves" in Europe. I didn't enjoy the dysfunction of it all. I also enjoyed the leading man, though his name escapes me at the moment. Very hot.

ugarachel82
06-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Tonight I'm enjoying my first night of the "official summer" end of the school year I've had. No students, I spend the day cleaning and organizing classroom spaces I've used throughout the year, and saying goodbyes to co-workers that I won't be working with next year. It's a bittersweet time of year. I'm enjoying a good glass of wine currently while listening to Fresh Air on NPR. I rarely let myself just "space out" in the evenings, but after a great workout this afternoon, I think it is well-deserved!

PenforPrez
06-12-2009, 09:11 PM
I just finished making some dinner--shells and cheese mixed with diced ham, crumbled ground beef, and lots of mixed veggies. Mmmmmmmmmm, delicious. :) I'm relaxing the rest of the evening. Been a busy week; I've earned it. :)

Guitar class tomorrow. I want to get out and do some driving too.

Paul

hoodie
06-13-2009, 08:55 AM
My parents are coming into the city today to take my boyfriend, my brother, and me to an art show. Should be fun!

HDC80
06-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Tonight Im heading out to see Chicago with Earth, Wind & Fire....small venue, should be amazing.

Third time seeing EW&F ;)

fuzmiq
06-17-2009, 09:19 AM
Having family time with mama.

FishOutOfWater
06-20-2009, 09:18 PM
apparently I'm going to a strip club with my SO and his (mostly female) coworkers. should be interesting...

Krishna
06-20-2009, 10:54 PM
apparently I'm going to a strip club with my SO and his (mostly female) coworkers. should be interesting...

You're a better person than I am...that'd never fly with me!

Tonight I'm doing laundry, and gathering some stuff up. I'm going to go see my SO tomorrow. :)

wordsmith
06-21-2009, 12:32 AM
It's rainy tonight, so we stayed in. S.O. made penne with vodka sauce, and we killed a bottle of elderberry wine from my hobby winemaker dad while watching "Bottle Shock." I did some sewing, and we watched a bunch of Law and Order on Netflix OnDemand. Not bad for a night in.

Last Saturday night, we did a neighborhood pub crawl event...13 local bars in six hours. That was a bit less low-key.

Krishna
06-21-2009, 09:57 AM
S.O. made penne with vodka sauce

How exactly is that made? I'm in the market for a new recipe.

FishOutOfWater
06-21-2009, 02:52 PM
You're a better person than I am...that'd never fly with me!

Well, we never ended up making it. The girl who was everyone's ride decided to stay at her friend's house party all night. Thankfully the friend happened to live about 5 blocks for our apartment, so I was able to leave when I wanted. I still have not been out that late in a LONG time... maybe since my college years!?

Since my dad's not in town, going to a meetup group event in an hr or so.

FishOutOfWater
06-22-2009, 02:43 PM
My grad school classmate's unofficial semi-annual bar crawl starts in a few hours. I still feel gross from Saturday, but I'm gonna go and not really drink because I haven't seen any o these people in 6 weeks.

PenforPrez
06-26-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm going downtown tonight to watch a friend of mine play in one of the three bands she's in. I've never seen this band; I'm excited. :D

I'm trying to figure out what to do this weekend. It's going to be 100 degree tomorrow; probably be a good day to be lazy. :p

Paul

pepsi91307
06-27-2009, 12:22 AM
Tonight, just home. Tomorrow morning, I'm going kayaking. Tomorrow night I'm going to a friends birthday in W. Hollywood, and Sunday I'm going on a group scooter ride. Lookin forward to it all :)

FishOutOfWater
06-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Going to a birthday party for a classmate in a couple hours. After that it's gay pride so I'm probably headed to some parties tonight and the parade / booths tomorrow to show my support and have some fun.

Monday I'm spending the entire day looking at apartments. ugh.

ugarachel82
06-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Tonight it's relaxing, cleaning, laundry, cooking, Netflix watching, and reading. Tomorrow I've got to take care of some business for the class I'm taking and work on cover letters.

hoodie
06-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Attending my worst grad school class ever. :mad:

Tayl405
06-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Grilling out, probably salmon with black rice and grilled asparagus. Mmm...

And finishing up laundry. I'm SO SICK of doing laundry. :rolleyes:

PenforPrez
06-29-2009, 11:28 PM
I had a session with the therapist. Then I spent a pathetic 20 minutes at the grocery store trying to figure out what I wanted to eat. I hate it when I go to the store and I don't know what I want. I seriously wanted to just say to somebody, "Read my mind--tell me what I want for dinner!" :rolleyes:

Then I got home and I couldn't find my cell phone. Which led to a half-hour of absolute panic until I found it. Wedged in one of the crevasses of the passenger seat in my car. :p

Paul

PenforPrez
07-01-2009, 07:57 AM
I got a call about 1:15 this morning saying my uncle in Pennsylvania had just died; he had cancer, and he'd been in extreme pain for about two weeks in the hospital. :cry: But he's in a better place now. :) It's just hard cause I saw him just a year ago, and he was fine and well.

I couldn't get back to sleep, so I've already been up for close to six hours. My father and I are planning on attending the funeral, so I've been up looking at travel arrangements. Today is my long day. Work, then guitar class, then trivia night with my friend at the bar. Won't be home till 11.

Paul

HDC80
07-01-2009, 08:40 AM
Sorry to hear the news, I hope time with your family to remember his life will be helpful.

Last night I went out for margaritas with a good friend, my stomach hurts from laughing and my head is feeling the leftover buzz from too much tequila. Not a hangover, but just a oooo I had tequila.

Tonight Im doing dinner with my family, then meeting up with the FF to watch a movie or kick his ass in Mike Tysons Wii punch out again.....

Beach tomorrow.
Concert tomorrow night with FF......The Church.

Friday Beach with the girls....then mayhem with them in Boston.

Then heading to the FF's place for the weekend.....4th festivities of cookouts, drinks, fireworks on the beach, plenty of making out, repeat...and repeat again!

fuzmiq
07-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Tonight - Ice cream with a friend, then SYTYCD with a different friend

Tayl405
07-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Paul, I'm sorry to hear about your uncle.

I'm headed down to my parents' house in SC tonight. SO excited to get away and relax for a long weekend. Can't wait to go on the boat...

FishOutOfWater
07-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Going to a BBQ for the 4th of July followed by some kind of party with the SO's coworkers. I'd have preferred to go to the BBQ thrown by a classmate, but they only invited me two days ago, long after he'd RSVPed us to this other BBQ. Too bad because I prefer my classmates and don't have a lot in common with the coworkers. I'll try to make the best of it.

steph78
07-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Hit the farmer's market this morning so we have all kinds of yummy produce to enjoy this weekend - juicy peaches and sweet corn, mmmm. We'll be grilling for dinner tonight - then since I live in the boonies in a place where the laws governing explosives are really lax, we'll be enjoying the incredible fireworks displays provided by our neighbors tonight. If last year was any indication, we're in for a great show (I'm pretty sure the people two blocks north of us spent several thousand dollars on fireworks, it was awesome). We'll grab some cold drinks and go sit out in the front yard. The best part about this setup is that after the show is over we just walk in the house - no need to deal with traffic like we have done in the past trying to get home after fireworks. Sweet!

winneythepooh7
07-05-2009, 09:09 AM
I went to two BBQs for 2 different sets of friends yesterday. The second one was our annual one our closer set of friend's throw every year, with the fireworks they smuggle in from PA. My son even stayed up to watch.

We rearranged our living room the other day and I've been decorating. My husband is painting the bathroom today a different color and I went to Target the other day and purchased some new rugs and towels so I am looking forward to setting those up later.

Then probably making dinner on the grill (grilled pizza maybe?) and fresh salad from our garden.

sondra_finchley
07-05-2009, 11:13 AM
LAUNDRY most likely- we just got back from our two-week trip to visit family and friends in Stockholm and there is a mountain of laundry in the basement- some of it fragile stuff I have to hand wash :/. Ive also got a bike box sitting in the middle of my living room where we dumped it... now is probably the time to deal with putting that bike somewhere until Im ready to deal with it in a proper manner :/ There is also the rest of the to-do list, be nice if I could knock off the "clean out sock and undie drawer" and "clean hall closet" points.

Leftovers from last night too for dinner (we grilled brats and I made up a lentil salad- protein overkill!) but I have a load of new, healthy recipes I want to try out this coming week in preparation for the onslaught of family and friends descending on my house in the next few weeks.

PenforPrez
07-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Thanks to everybody who expressed their condolences about my uncle. He's not suffering anymore, thank goodness. The funeral was very good. I was impressed; it was a very dignified service. I was honored to be a pallbearer; my uncle was a good man.

Currently, I'm working my way through supper. I'm doing a lot of laundry tonight; I had to pack whatever I could grab before I left Wednesday. I'm tired today; drove 14 hours yesterday driving my dad back to his house then driving my car back here. Probably call it an early night. :)

Paul

HDC80
07-07-2009, 08:18 AM
Im headed into the city because my ex BF's sister is in town for his wedding. She and I have remained close, and she isnt thrilled about the wedding (A....cause its not to me and B....because she isnt even IN the wedding)

So we are going to rip it up tonight, tomorrow and probably Monday night next week.

Today will be spent pulling the weekend together since he gets married Sunday......need to make sure Im really busy with fun plans.....gah!

DaneCA
07-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Tonight, I'm going on my first date since I broke up with my boyfriend a few weeks ago. I haven't been on an actual date with anyone new in over a year, so I'm nervous/excited. Afterwards, I'll probably meet up with my friends and the guy I'm sort of seeing because they're all going out to see a band we know perform. Then, I need a relaxing couple of days after the nonstop fun of last weekend and this past week!

winneythepooh7
07-10-2009, 05:21 PM
I am going out to dinner at one of my favorite Italian restaurant's in the whole world with all my inlaws. Our dinner reservation is at 8PM so it should be interesting at a crowded restaurant with 3 little babies 6 months and under during their bedtime hour. :p

pepsi91307
07-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Today I'm going down to the pier to hang out for a bit with a friend and then at night going to a bar for another friends birthday.

Tomorrow morning I'm going on a hike to the Hollywood sign and at night I'm going to get situated for my first day of work!

winneythepooh7
07-11-2009, 05:46 PM
I was planning to go to a local festival tonight, but it looks like it's gonna rain so unfortunately I think I am going to have to scrap that idea. I think I am going to just watch TV or read. I've been watching "NYC Prep" for the past couple of hours. Thank goodness I don't know anyone like them in real life!

wordsmith
07-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Grilling out so I can enjoy a home-cooked burger without heating up my kitchen.

FishOutOfWater
07-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Went to a Scottish festival today with an old people home. tomorrow I'm going to a free outdoor Shakespeare performance of The Taming of the Shrew.

Sounds like the losers who stood the bf and I up the 4th of July are inviting us to another party tonight. :mad: I've told him that if he decides to go it'll be without me. Since he forgives people waaay too easily and will probably go, I'll likely be staying in alone tonight.

wordsmith
07-11-2009, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't go, either.

We went to our local outdoor Shakespeare festival weekend before last; we saw The Merry Wives of Windsor. Last year was Othello.

winneythepooh7
07-11-2009, 09:23 PM
The rain held off! I went to the festival and got to take my son on the merry-go-round for the first time. :D

Also had zepoles. There goes the diet.........

ugarachel82
07-11-2009, 11:39 PM
I went to my weekly Saturday night tap dance class at the community center, and then came home and read and watched some Arrested Development while surfing the internet/chatting with people at home. Good, mellow Saturday night. The way it should be. :)

wordsmith
07-12-2009, 12:17 AM
I loooooooove mellow Saturday nights. We enjoyed grilling out, watched a movie, and are now reading/net surfing. A nice, low-key complement to last weekend, which was much more out and about in the community.

PenforPrez
07-12-2009, 12:22 PM
We went to our local outdoor Shakespeare festival weekend before last; we saw The Merry Wives of Windsor. Last year was Othello.

I keep mixing that up with the Renfair they used to have in Bonner Springs. That was so cool! :D I of all people should know better. :rolleyes:

Just had a late breakfast. If I can get my ass up and dressed, I'm going to the Bastille Day celebration in the old French neighborhood here. Marie Antoinette would have been proud if she hadn't have been so stuck up. :p

Paul

wordsmith
07-12-2009, 08:10 PM
They still have the KC Renaissance Festival in Bonner Springs. It's not related to the outdoor summer stock Shakespeare, though, which is held in Southmoreland Park, next to the Nelson Atkins Art Gallery. The Renfest runs from Labor Day to Columbus Day on weekends, and "Free Will" is for about a three-week stretch in late June, early July.

ugarachel82
07-12-2009, 08:13 PM
I loooooooove mellow Saturday nights. We enjoyed grilling out, watched a movie, and are now reading/net surfing. A nice, low-key complement to last weekend, which was much more out and about in the community.

Ha! So do I! I like them so much I turned a mellow Saturday night into a mellow Sunday! I love mellow weekends. Right now I'm just trying to enjoy all the quiet time before work tomorrow morning.

winneythepooh7
07-12-2009, 08:14 PM
We had friends over last minute for a BBQ. Now I am watching Law & Order on Bravo. I just got a random text from my sister that she might come down for a few days.

Tayl405
07-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Tonight I'm doing a big grocery shopping trip and I'm very excited because I have NO food at home!

HDC80
07-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Scooting home early (back to normal hours at work this week so while no Friday off am out of work at 430!!)-----to start making calls and finalize plans for the big travel weekend thats going on. About 20 of us are set to make this trip, and its just those last little pieces that need to be firmed up.

After that.....actually probably WHILE doing that...throwing in Laundry, cleaning the house a little bit......and hanging out with FF since he stayed at my place last night and Im pretty sure he'll be there when I get home.

Make or grab dinner...then heading out with the friends that are in town for the wedding for one last HOORAH!

Busy night, but fun night.

Tayl405
07-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Yoga tonight. Can't wait!

Telemachus
07-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Poker night tonight! Chips and chips and drinks.

Deni81
07-14-2009, 04:09 PM
A friend and I are going to see My Life In Ruins at the dollar theater.

ugarachel82
07-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Going to see Food, Inc. hopefully for free with some friends, and then going to eat afterward if I can stomach it. It looks like one of those movies that you don't want to eat ever again after seeing.

winneythepooh7
07-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Going to dinner at my cousin's house.

PenforPrez
07-14-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm doing laundry tonight. I have a weekend trip planned, and I'm going to be busy the rest of the week.

Tomorrow I have my guitar lesson, then my coworker is celebrating her birthday with a steak and seafood barbeque at her house. Woohoo! :D

Paul

FishOutOfWater
07-16-2009, 06:19 PM
I've been stuck at the hospital for the past 24 hrs and will continue to be so until my SO's grandma dies. :-( My SO and I got the call about 2:30 yesterday that his grandmother was dying and came down (he had to leave work early). I have to drive 1 1/2 hours, since we're 45 minutes away, and I was 45 minutes in the wrong direction at the time getting a pre-employment physical for my upcoming internship. she was supposed to not make it through the night, but at this point she's still alive and kicking. I have a bad feeling we could be here awhile.

So this pretty much sucks. I feel horrible for my SO and his family of course, but I've only met this woman twice briefly and have no relationship with her. For me this is pretty boring. I realize how bitchy this sounds in light of the fact that someone is dying.

hoodie
07-16-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that, Fish! You're being a good SO yourself; I'm sure he appreciates your support.

Tonight going to see the new Harry Potter with one of my girlie friends. Chick date!

PenforPrez
07-16-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm sorry too, Fish. Waiting in a situation like that is always excruciating. :(

Payday for me today. :D Went out shopping, got a haircut. Packing for a weekend trip. A friend has invited me to spend the weekend at their home way out in the country in southwest Missouri. Should be fun! :D

Paul

winneythepooh7
07-17-2009, 07:16 AM
Working from home today. It's also payday for me (every Friday!!).:D I am going to try to go to the Friday night free concert in the park tonight.

HDC80
07-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Heading out on my large annual weekend trip!!

10 of us are heading to Newport tonight and meeting up with others already there, and more that are driving down later than us.

Then tomorrow heading on the ferry to the island off the coast......think there are 25 total with people staying over and those driving down to catch it tomorrow......wooooo.

sondra_finchley
07-17-2009, 10:22 AM
Finishing up some work for the week here and then we are driving up to Elkhart Lake for the big concours tonight with all the exotic cars displayed around downtown. Probably have dinner with the family after and spending the weekend with family (parents just back from Vegas). Unfortunately its suppose to be cold :/

Tayl405
07-17-2009, 10:23 AM
I am so excited to have a relaxing weekend. Grilling out tonight. Tomorrow yoga, Harry Potter, and then I have the apt to myself so I'm watching a movie and relaxing, and Sunday probably a bike ride and the pool. This is exactly what I need this weekend. :D

LakeJay
07-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Gonna catch up with my buddy tonight. May do a movie (Transformers or The Hangover) or play pool...then probably get some drinks after.

Tomorrow...road trip with gf up to Providence. Spend the day walking around. Hopefully I'll get to meet up with another buddy of mine for a few drinks.

Sunday...Head home but probably stop by Newport on the way back. Check out the mansions and do the Cliff Walk.

dreams82
07-17-2009, 11:06 AM
OOOO Newport, I was there last weekend! It's fun, but expensive...my friends and I went to Rhino Bar, we stayed the whole night because we didn't want to pay cover charges at other bars, it was fun, hope you have a blast!

astronaut83
07-17-2009, 11:43 AM
My husband and I are meeting up with a friend and his new roommate, who's new in town. Then we're going to catch a friend's play later on.

DaneCA
07-17-2009, 11:47 AM
I SOOO want to see Harry Potter tonight! My friends think it will still be too busy, though, so we're waiting until Sunday. Until then, I'll be re-reading the sixth book. I also have to do a work project from home this weekend so I'm not too excited about that, but I'm getting paid a lot extra for it and I'm planning on making some time for fun, anyway!

Tayl405
07-17-2009, 11:56 AM
I SOOO want to see Harry Potter tonight! My friends think it will still be too busy, though, so we're waiting until Sunday. Until then, I'll be re-reading the sixth book. I also have to do a work project from home this weekend so I'm not too excited about that, but I'm getting paid a lot extra for it and I'm planning on making some time for fun, anyway!

That's why I passed on seeing Harry Potter tonight. We're going at 10:45 am tomorrow morning, so I hope it isn't too bad. I can't wait!!

bamagal2384
07-17-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm having a girls night out. I love getting dressed up to go hear a good band! :)

HDC80
07-17-2009, 12:23 PM
All you people going to RI and dont tell me!! Sheesh its my second home...Prov and Newport!!

Rhino bar....really?! I havent been there since I was 23 probably.

There are so many great places with NO cover, a band, and good atmosphere. Let me know the next time you go.....more than happy to make suggestions. So you go somewhere cool but dont have to spend on a cover. What did you pay to get into Rhino?

The best part of RI is how cheap the drinks are! $5 for a Red Bull Vodka compared to $9 or $10 in Boston!!!

Like tonight.....we're bar hopping
Buskers, Star Bar, probably Pop, maybe pour judgement, fast net.......might end up at the Dock. or H2O.

if you do the cliff walk make sure to hit 40 steps...great views and the steps are cool themselves.

LakeJay
07-17-2009, 12:28 PM
All you people going to RI and dont tell me!! Sheesh its my second home...Prov and Newport!!

if you do the cliff walk make sure to hit 40 steps...great views and the steps are cool themselves.

Thanks for the suggestion on 40 steps...We'll probably check The Breakers too.

Any thoughts on bars in Providence? I think we may hit up Trinity Brewhouse at some point.

HDC80
07-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Breakers is one of the best!! If you want to see more than one mansion at a cheap rate, go for the 3 package.
Had I known you were going could have put free tickets aside for you to pick up as I have friends who work at the historical society.

Just had dinner at Trinity on Sunday. It was okay, but I wasn that impressed with the place.

Depends on the bar type place you want....

For martini's and fun people watching I suggest Citron. Its across the street from the mall.
Next to that is Ri Ra and Irish pub with live music on Saturday nights ($ - $5 cover)

Id say check out waterfires, but the next one is July 25. boo.

Thames street is always good to check out...lots of neat little places and ecclectic people.

FishOutOfWater
07-18-2009, 05:57 PM
My SO's grandma passed away Thursday evening, and we returned to our apartment late Friday after spending the day with his family. while his parents figure out memorial arrangements (which probably won't be for a few weeks, and she didn't want a formal funeral) I'm doing my best to keep us busy this weekend.

Tonight we're going out to dinner (glad I saved that gift certificate!) and then seeing Harry Potter, which we were supposed to see the evening we got the call about his grandma. Tomorrow we're meeting up with a couple of my college friends to go to a county fair, followed by another free outdoor Shakespeare performance (this time it's The Comedy of Errors). My SO loves county fairs and I'm excited to see these friends for the first time since January, so I'm glad it worked out that we didn't need to cancel.

hoodie
07-21-2009, 07:02 PM
My friend and I decided to forgo birthday and Christmas presents for a year and a half and go to Tru to eat.
This place is supposed to be some insane fine dining.

Here:
http://www.trurestaurant.com/

I am so flipping excited!

PenforPrez
07-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Tonight's trivia night! Woohoo! :D

wordsmith
07-22-2009, 09:27 AM
Househunting...doing one, maybe two scheduled walkthroughs, and lots of driving around looking at places.

DaneCA
07-22-2009, 12:29 PM
My grandmother (who lives in Europe and whom I haven't seen in a year) arrives tonight for a two-week visit! I'm really excited to see her again. She has pretty advanced Alzheimer's and this will likely be the last trip she's able to make to the U.S., so I want to make the most of it.

HDC80
07-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Dinner tonight......then possibly meeting up with FF at my place if he decides to make the hour + treck (said he wanted to come up tonight yesterday..but I told him it seemed pretty pointless since I get home past 10 and will be in bed for midnight.....when he drives just about that long to get to my place)

He seemed put off but whatever.

So if he doesnt come up....might catch some drinks with some other friends locally.

Its been a rough week already.
Long emotional conversation with a friend Monday from 745 to midnight.
Last night was my friends broken engagement fondue party from 7 - 11...didnt go home after work didnt get home till almost midnight

PHEW!

hoodie
07-22-2009, 04:45 PM
@ class tonight 4:30-9:30 then driving an hour to get home. LAAAAAAAAAAME!

winneythepooh7
07-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Technically today can be considered my "Friday". I am working from home Thurs & Friday, but don't have a whole lot to do. It either rains or it pours at work, but I am thankful I am caught up at least finally. It's definitely not always like that!

I am going to make pizza for dinner, then probably sit outside on our deck and chat with the hubby when he gets home.

winneythepooh7
07-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Last night was my friends broken engagement fondue party from 7 - 11...didnt go home after work didnt get home till almost midnight

PHEW!

LOL. That's not technically funny, but it's funny!

sondra_finchley
07-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Ive got a deadline tomorrow so Im working tonight. Been at it all day and Im a vegetable right now- too much time on the phone! Will probably nap and then get up and keep plugging away. Anything to avoid the sick "crunch time" feeling tomorrow.

The boy is wrapping up a new batch of brew and my house smells like whatever he stirred into that pot. At least hes cleaning up after himself and I convinced him to do dinner tonight as well :)

hoodie
07-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Cool, sondra, my guy brews too. What kind is he making?

sondra_finchley
07-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Hey hoodie-

This is his second ever so he's trying out some thoughts. I think hes got an IPA going although when I just asked him he said "sort of" whatever that means! He threw in some oak chips and some Irish moss (to get rid of excessive protein?) and two different types of hops and toasted barley. Its in the carboy now with the hose attached in the utility closet. Smells pretty good in there!

My dad got him a kit for Christmas and his first beer turned out very well- normally I cant drink beer or wine because of allergies (pounding headaches and stuffed nose etc) but his fresh beer gave the right amount of alcohol without any side effects (and tastes really good cold)- fine with me if he keeps at this little hobby! :)

wordsmith
07-23-2009, 01:31 AM
After the house walkthrough, we came home to a message from the wife of one of my work friends, inviting us over for drinks, so we ran over there, and just got back. Good times!

FishOutOfWater
07-23-2009, 07:18 PM
My mom is getting here in a few hours and is going to visit for a few days. tomorrow we're going wine tasting, Sunday we're going to the zoo. Saturday TBD! My poor SO has to go help clean out the living space of his now deceased grandma (who lived in an in-law unit with his parents for almost 20 years). I'm sort of relived my mom's preplanned trip is keeping me from helping - not because I feel particularly unhelpful or unsympathetic but because it's really, really hard to be in a room of grief stricken people when you've barely laid eyes on the deceased. Fortunately the family is understanding of that fact.

winneythepooh7
07-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Just got back from dinner out with my cousins. Now watching The Fast and the Furious. Mmmmmm................Paul Walker and Vin Diesel.

wordsmith
07-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Cleaning the house in anticipation of having people over tomorrow night.

PenforPrez
07-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Laundry night this evening. Just sitting here with some coffee, wishing I had somebody to talk to. :(

I was supposed to go to Chicago tomorrow for a huge quizbowl event, but we had a couple of guys drop and I didn't feel like going anymore, so I dropped. We were going to play expecting to be sacrificial lambs anyway. :p

I really want to go out in the country this weekend and go to the stock car races. I haven't been in a long time, but I can't really afford to go. :( I might go anyway. :p

Paul

pepsi91307
07-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Today I'm going to a friends wedding party, staying for a while and then going to my favorite cousins 26th birthday.

Tomorrow I'm loungin around, before the work week starts once again :).

hoodie
07-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Sondra, that's really funny. My guy started brewing because my sis got him a kit. My fav that he's made, so far, is a dunkelweisen (sp?). It's a really crisp dark beer that avoids the heaviness normally associated with stouts. It's actually a dark wheat beer. Mmm.

Tonight me and the bf are chilling in and making a really nice dinner just for the heckofit. Menu includes:

Beet salad with goat cheese, candied walnuts, and orange vinagrette

Blackened orange roughy

Jalepeno corn bread

Cajun rice & beans

Mixed vegetables with butter & savory

I'm excited. I feel like I live in a restaurant. :D

wordsmith
07-25-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm wiped because we spent all day at the pool with my former student, who has Down Syndrome. Keeping up with him for a full day of activity can be exhausting, although it's a ton of fun. We took him to dinner afterward and worked on social skills, and then dropped him off at home.

On the way home, we were nearly in what would have been a horrific auto accident due to some thuggish car chase screaming through an intersection, blowing red lights...had my boyfriend not done some really fancy braking and swerving, I would likely have been seriously injured or killed. I ended up with a huge SUV grill about an inch from my head. Had there been anybody in the oncoming lane, we'd have been hit head on, and had we not swerved, we'd have been T-boned on my side at a high speed.

After that, we came home and tried to calm down, watched a movie, and chilled.

hoodie
07-25-2009, 11:55 PM
Oh my god!!! I'm glad you're okay, words!

wordsmith
07-26-2009, 12:45 AM
The thing that's been making me shake all night long was that it could have easily happened when my former student was with us, versus after we'd returned him to his parents. And he was sitting on that side of the car, too.

sondra_finchley
07-26-2009, 10:49 AM
What IS it with people and driving these days? We had problems last night too with some stupid chick who almost rearended us because she wouldnt follow the traffic laws- and then when she "got around us" (me honking and yelling out the window for a good 5 minutes) she proceeded to tailgate the person in front of us. On a city street going 25 miles an hour! This town never ceases to amaze me for stupidity of drivers and sheer recklessness- I thought Vegas was bad but here they will run a light 5 seconds after it changes green!

Glad you are ok words- how scary!

Hoodie- I need to pass on that dunkelweisen info to him- he doesnt normally do stouts or bocks but what you described sounds like he may enjoy making it. Can you recommend any good shops in the Chicago area for ingredients? We have a pretty good one here but Im sure the bf wouldnt mind having a look around!

Today: Cleaning the house and doing laundry. Bro and sister in law (from October) will be arriving Tuesday night until Friday when we go visit our parents for moms 60th birthday. By the time we get home we have to turn right around to go to Chicago to pick up our Swedish friend for his annual visit and Lollapalooza- not much turn around time so I need to get things mostly ship-shape for the month of August more or less. First though I may take my bike downtown to get a coffee. Its a nice morning.

PenforPrez
07-26-2009, 12:28 PM
On the way home, we were nearly in what would have been a horrific auto accident due to some thuggish car chase screaming through an intersection, blowing red lights...had my boyfriend not done some really fancy braking and swerving, I would likely have been seriously injured or killed. I ended up with a huge SUV grill about an inch from my head. Had there been anybody in the oncoming lane, we'd have been hit head on, and had we not swerved, we'd have been T-boned on my side at a high speed.

Hope you're OK, words! That's very scary! :(

Last night, my friend took my to the Beer Olympics, which turned out to be at a party room two blocks from my house that I didn't know was there. New records were set in the beer shots event (18 shots in 30 seconds), the pint chug (4.44 seconds) and the three-beer chug. Winners won overall trophies and medals, and there was a special award for the highest-finishing woman. Sounded like a one-way ticket to esophageal cancer, but it was fun to watch. :p

Afterward, my friend took me to a new gay bar. The place was very exquisitely furnished; I was very impressed. The bar had a huge walk-in freezer kept a constant 32 degrees stock with every kind of vodka imaginable. If you walk into the room, you get a free shot of vodka. I love the cold, so I stepped right in. Didn't bother me. ;) The bartender wound up drinking mine. :rolleyes:

Today, I'm getting out to a nature park just north of town that I love to go to. I need a long walk along the river. :) I want to go play poker tonight. Problem is, I also want to cook some beans and cornbread, and I probably don't have time for both. :(

Paul

winneythepooh7
07-26-2009, 04:00 PM
I have to finish cleaning my house. I am going to try to go to bed early tonight. My boss and I are leaving very early in the morning to drive Upstate to see one of my clients I am going to be helping to come back into the community. He's in a long-term rehab center for TBI survivors right now.

hoodie
07-26-2009, 07:54 PM
HA! I have totally been in a beer olympics. My team won the "pussy" award (no fault of my own, I swear. It went to the first team to drop out and my two teammates backed out while I was in the bathroom!)

Sondra, my dude prefers the Brew & Grow - http://www.altgarden.com/site/retail%20stores/BG_Chicago.html

Words, again, I'm glad you're fine and very glad your student wasn't in the car. I've had a few close shaves myself and it does make you a little weak in the knees considering the "might-have-beens" but in the end, the main thing is that you all were unhurt (or uninvolved in the student's case).

Just chilling in tonight - the whole class merry-go-round starts up again tomorrow...sigh..

PenforPrez
07-26-2009, 11:25 PM
HA! I have totally been in a beer olympics. My team won the "pussy" award (no fault of my own, I swear. It went to the first team to drop out and my two teammates backed out while I was in the bathroom!)

The trophy for the top finishing woman had a very un-PC label to it (even worse than that one). The woman who won it apparently had won before, because people were using that title to cheer her on during events. :p Very few people chickened out, but the gutsiness of some people caused them to throw up. :rolleyes:

It always reminds of, in quizbowl, we have a circuit of events that are all pop culture questions. There's regional tournaments and a national event, as well as independent tournaments. Since quizbowl has a notorious dearth of females, the regional tournaments used to award a trophy to the top-finishing individual female player. The award was called (in a bit of condescension) the "Title IX All-Star." :p You have to know your civil rights law to understand that one.

Paul

mahlerssecond
07-26-2009, 11:38 PM
I went to a jazz festival in Davenport, Iowa today. They had groups that came in and played jazz from the 20's-40's (my favorite era in jazz). I tried to contact an acquaintance that lived down there, but she did not answer my phone call. I took the long way home tonight and discovered a couple of roads that I have never been down.

Relax at home the rest of the night.

FishOutOfWater
07-29-2009, 02:34 PM
less than 2 days after my mom has left, my dad and his SO are coming to the area. Their flight arrives in about an hour. Today I'm going to show them around campus and the city where I attend grad school, then tomorrow they're headed 45 minutes away to a popular vacation area near me. My SO and will be joining them Friday night.

HDC80
07-29-2009, 02:48 PM
After much chaos that has been this week....Im heading out tonight for a series of nights out that ends sometime in mid August.

Tonight Atlantic Fish Company for my Birthday dinner with the fireman. ;)

Tomorrow: Newport for a friends Birthday celebration

Friday: DEPECHE MODE!!!

Saturday: Beach and then my Birthday Extravaganza with my crew (list of 40 right now)

Sunday: BEACH again and Birthday dinner with my family.

Monday: friend in from PA, grabbing dinner with her

Tuesday: therapy session for my buddy who got dumped

Wed: Family dinner

Thurs: Newport for the night!

Friday---Beach for the day in Newport----then GIRLS night....MFA for first night, then dancing!

Saturday---Back to Newport for the beach and other misc. shenannegins.

Sunday: Beach....family dinner

Oh right then its Monday again.....looks like thats the first night free!!

Tayl405
07-31-2009, 02:12 PM
No idea what I'm doing tonight... probably just hang in... maybe happy hour.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to yoga then laying out by the pool. Tomorrow night I'm doing this moonlit kayaking thing in the river in the city. I've never kayaked before (really) so I hope I'm ok at it! It should be fun though, as long as the weather holds out.

Sunday I'm going to my BF's mom's house for a Turkish breakfast then playing softball with his friends. Again, if the weather holds out. I hope so!

LakeJay
07-31-2009, 02:21 PM
Tomorrow morning I'm going to yoga then laying out by the pool. Tomorrow night I'm doing this moonlit kayaking thing in the river in the city. I've never kayaked before (really) so I hope I'm ok at it! It should be fun though, as long as the weather holds out.

That's awesome. You'll do just fine...and I'm sure you'll have fun. I've kayaked in the rain, granted it was during the day, but it was still a good time.

The weekend is pretty much up in the air for the most part. I'll probably work out tonight then head over to the gf's place. Maybe we'll watch Harry Potter...I'm thinking the hype has died down a bit.

Tomorrow morning will be spent at my gf's nephew's birthday party...should be light and relaxing. We may be doing some babysitting duty at night for her niece as well.

Sunday...Either nothing or nothing with beer. And I'll try to squeeze in a run.

Bocheezu
07-31-2009, 03:58 PM
Tomorrow night I'm doing this moonlit kayaking thing in the river in the city. I've never kayaked before (really) so I hope I'm ok at it!

I just kayaked for the first time about a month ago. I think the biggest thing is to not paddle like it's a canoe, where you scoop and have a top hand/bottom hand type thing going on. That's bad. I burned up my shoulders in like 15 mins doing it that way. I think it's supposed to be all torso instead; I don't know, I never did it right.

Either way, it was a hell of lot more effort than I anticipated.

Tayl405
07-31-2009, 04:01 PM
I just kayaked for the first time about a month ago. I think the biggest thing is to not paddle like it's a canoe, where you scoop and have a top hand/bottom hand type thing going on. That's bad. I burned up my shoulders in like 15 mins doing it that way. I think it's supposed to be all torso instead; I don't know, I never did it right.

Either way, it was a hell of lot more effort than I anticipated.

Thanks, I will definitely keep that in mind!

pepsi91307
08-01-2009, 03:34 AM
Saturday morning I'm going kayaking (many kayaking posts huH? haha).

Saturday night, I'm visiting my grandparents combined with a family dinner for my cousins birthday.

Sunday I'm going on a group scooter ride.

CoolAZN
08-01-2009, 05:37 AM
Tomorrow night I'm doing this moonlit kayaking thing in the river in the city. I've never kayaked before (really) so I hope I'm ok at it! It should be fun though, as long as the weather holds out.

The weather should be good for today as I checked my weatherbug...:p
Well, I hope it is today anyways, since I requested off from work and going down for the music festival in town. Plus, running around too... hehe....

I tried kayaking when I was in middle school, when my dad took the family to a resort down around Puerto Plata area for our x-mas vacation. That was fun paddling in the ocean.

Hopefully, I will get to pier 40 (http://www.downtownboathouse.org/) this summer.

Enjoy =)

ebruening
08-04-2009, 11:22 PM
I'm finishing up a big final report for one of my classes (and I'm also doing an AWESOME job of procrastinating) - it will be a late night tonight! Summer classes will be done on Friday - I can't wait!

I am really looking forward to this Saturday and Sunday - we're celebrating our anniversary, and I'm super excited because the gift I bought my husband will definitely earn me some "video game fan" nerd cred.

I start back to teaching next Tuesday, so having next Monday off will be a real treat.

wordsmith
08-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Taking my boyfriend out for his 30th birthday!!!

Tayl405
08-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Taking my boyfriend out for his 30th birthday!!!

Fun!! What are you doing?

I was supposed to go to a weight-training/cardio class tonight but had to cancel because I'm overloaded with work. :mad:

hoodie
08-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Aw I remember when he used to post. Tell him happy bday for us!

As for me, last night of horrible grad class #2, have to make a presentation and finish submitting all my assignments by Friday. Can't wait 'til it's all behind me!

PenforPrez
08-06-2009, 01:29 AM
Just got back from trivia night. We kicked ass! More so than usual. :D We won the first two rounds outright, which we've never won two rounds in one night. Even more impressive because it was just the two of us against teams of sometimes eight to ten people. :) We had people coming over to congratulate us. Huge ego trip! ;) I was proud of coming up with five of the Original Six NHL teams (Canadiens, Maple Leafs, Bruins, Rangers and Red Wings). The only one I missed--the Chicago Blackhawks. :p

Made a new friend. This cute blonde from the next table came over to talk to us. Like a good boy, I looked up while I talked. :evil: Her boyfriend was with her, but nothing says I can't flirt anyway. ;)

Paul

PenforPrez
08-06-2009, 08:12 PM
I want to go to the movies. I had a bit of embarrassing car trouble, but I'm not letting that stop me! I'm trying to decide if I want to see "Aliens in the Attic" or "Food, Inc."

Paul

ugarachel82
08-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Just got back from an awesome free screenwriting class at the library here in St. Paul. Nice people, intelligent conversation, and a goal for next week! Kicked my under-employed butt into gear, I will tell you that.

ugarachel82
08-06-2009, 10:28 PM
I want to go to the movies. I had a bit of embarrassing car trouble, but I'm not letting that stop me! I'm trying to decide if I want to see "Aliens in the Attic" or "Food, Inc."

Paul

I want to see Food, Inc. and almost had an opportunity to see it for free, but it fell through. Probably wait and Netflix it though. I really want to see Julie and Julia this weekend but will probably wait and Netflix that as well.

Tomorrow am going to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the dinner theater with the guy I posted about earlier. It should be fun.

FishOutOfWater
08-07-2009, 12:20 AM
I went to some more awesome outdoor theater tonight. :D

Synopsis of what I saw:

Too Big To Fail
"A story, a story!" cries the Griot. "Gather 'round, and I will tell you a tale of greed, and sacrifice, high finance, love, goats, and the terrible curse that tore our little village apart.. the evil, magical spell of... Credit! It all began at the wedding of Filije and Jeneeba! Filije was a fine man, who only wanted the best for his new bride. So when a mysterious Old Woman offered him a loan against Jeneeba's dowry goat - with low, low interest - he thought it was a wonderful shortcut to the prosperity he knew they deserved. Who could he have guessed that the Old Woman was actually a Demon casting a Spell of Debt! Or that one missed payment would mean a repossessed goat? And so, with their future - and marriage - in jeopardy, Filije must begin an epic journey: through the Land of Privatization, over the Sea of Acquisition, facing demon after demon as he tries to cancel his debt, and get his goat back. But each struggle takes him one step closer to... Corporate Headquarters, and the Greatest demon of them all!"

it was excellent.

DaneCA
08-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Tonight, I'm resting up for a big weekend and possibly having a chill wine night in with an old friend who just moved back to the area. Tomorrow, I'm going to a wedding during the day, then to a beach bonfire. Sunday, my town is having an outdoor festival, complete with beer garden and bands performing. Should be fun! :)

Deni81
08-07-2009, 02:36 PM
I want to see Food, Inc. and almost had an opportunity to see it for free, but it fell through. Probably wait and Netflix it though. I really want to see Julie and Julia this weekend but will probably wait and Netflix that as well.

Tomorrow am going to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the dinner theater with the guy I posted about earlier. It should be fun.

I want to see Julie/Julia as well, but I think I might just wait until it hits the dollar movie in town or Netflix it. I'm getting to the point where I can't justify it to myself to pay $9.00 just to watch a movie.

FishOutOfWater
08-07-2009, 02:54 PM
I want to see Julie/Julia as well, but I think I might just wait until it hits the dollar movie in town or Netflix it. I'm getting to the point where I can't justify it to myself to pay $9.00 just to watch a movie.

Ugh yes, seriously. When I went to Harry Potter a couple weeks ago I paid $9.25 for a STUDENT price ticket. there's a reason it's the first movie I've attended in theaters in 6 mos!

On the other hand, all the outdoor theater I've seen this summer has been free. It's sad when theater is cheaper than the movies.

PenforPrez
08-07-2009, 11:17 PM
Went to the movies tonight instead of last night. Went with my instinct and saw Aliens in the Attic. It was better than I anticipated. :) I recommend it.

I paid $8.25 to get in. Which is sad because my hometown has one of the few drive-ins still in operation (Yay for growing up on old Route 66!) and you can get in there for $4. :p

I'm pissed at paying $11.50 for my large popcorn and soda. For a couple of more dollars, I could probably buy a popcorn farm. :rolleyes: I made sure I got free refills on those bad boys. I'm sitting here munching popcorn as I type this. And feeling slightly nauseous. :(

Paul

PenforPrez
08-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Finally started work today on tagging my huge mp3 collection with tags by album, date, etc. I've only been putting this off for NINE YEARS! I'm beginning to think I may have a slight procrastination problem. :rolleyes:

Going out to walk in the hills tomorrow. I'll probably go to Taum Sauk Mountain, southwest of St. Louis, which is the highest point in Missouri. There's some fantastic trails out there. :D Only supposed to be 94 degrees tomorrow. ;)

Random musing: I've always thought it arrogant of us to called it a "mountain;" it's only 1772 feet above sea level. Of course, Louisiana refers to its highest point as a mountain (Driskill Mountain), and there's not a hill in that whole state! ;)

Paul

sondra_finchley
08-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Sleeping and general laying about because its so hot.

Got home last night after picking up our Swedish friend in Chicago on Thursday and attending a very soggy Lollapalooza on Friday. Depeche Mode were EPIC and I got a spot right on the rail so waiting 3 hours in the rain and mud was completely worth it. Also visited with one of my best girl friends for several hours last night in Evanston- hoping she makes the trip up in a few weeks!

Tayl405
08-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Tonight I am doing laundry and relaxing. And recovering. I went to a wedding on Saturday, drank way too much, and then went to the ballgame yesterday and drank way too much. We ended up having a dance party at our apartment to 90s music, haha... tons of fun but I'm hurting today!

It's sad that I'm excited to do laundry... :p

hoodie
08-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Going for a nice dinner at an Argentinian steak house for my bf's (belated) birthday dinner. I kind of had to put it off since I was smack dab in the middle of finals on actual birthday, so now we can properly celebrate by becoming meat-drunk!

fuzmiq
08-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Jason Mraz concert. Wooo hoo!

winneythepooh7
08-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Making tacos using fresh veggies from my garden. Right now though I am just lounging around since it's way too hot to do anything, especially cook.

PenforPrez
08-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Making tacos using fresh veggies from my garden. Right now though I am just lounging around since it's way too hot to do anything, especially cook.

That sounds delicious--how did it turn out? I've been kind of wanting to try growing veggies of my own, but I doubt the landlord would give me any sufficient space out of what little we have.

Paul

winneythepooh7
08-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Good and very easy. I used ground turkey, the taco mix, and then just cut up some tomato and cucumber and threw on top of soft tortillas with shredded cheddar. My husband who is used to eating Taco Bell though was like "eh"..............

PenforPrez
08-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Good and very easy. I used ground turkey, the taco mix, and then just cut up some tomato and cucumber and threw on top of soft tortillas with shredded cheddar. My husband who is used to eating Taco Bell though was like "eh"..............

I want some of that! :p

ugarachel82
08-11-2009, 10:32 PM

Fresh tomato and cucumber sound so good right now on top of a soft taco. Can't believe the taco-bell loving husband was only "eh". But that's life, I suppose.

winneythepooh7
08-12-2009, 05:43 AM
Anything that is even remotely healthy doesn't ever look good to him. It sucks because he has such an active lifestyle because of his job (construction) he could eat Taco Bell, ice cream, chocolate and french fries for 3 meals each day, every day and never have to worry about gaining weight!

pisces2473
08-12-2009, 07:32 AM
That sounds delicious--how did it turn out? I've been kind of wanting to try growing veggies of my own, but I doubt the landlord would give me any sufficient space out of what little we have.

Paul
If you're there next year, try container gardening! That's what we do. I have tomatoes in pots....I had a nice clump about to start turning orange, but I think a deer or some other animal ate them....:mad:

CoolAZN
08-12-2009, 06:10 PM
It sucks because he has such an active lifestyle because of his job (construction) he could eat Taco Bell, ice cream, chocolate and french fries for 3 meals each day, every day and never have to worry about gaining weight!

He seems like me, although, I do not work in construction, but very physical demanding job in retail establishment (I am nocturnel...hmmm..maybe I am vampire slayer in disguise...hehe)... So I don't gain any weight either and I do eat a lot. Right now though, I am losing weight...EEeeek! I love all kinds of food and I tend to eat healthy too. Especially, we have this really cheap produce market here and I go there twice a week. They have really good selections of stuff and also they sell hookahs too :eek: So, no gardening for me.

And I do have a active lifestyle outside of work as well; bicycling, ultimate Frisbee, walking, traveling, a social group that has running problem...haha , etc...

Anyways, I am off to that running problem group right now and heading into work afterwards...blah...

PenforPrez
08-12-2009, 07:50 PM
If you're there next year, try container gardening! That's what we do. I have tomatoes in pots....I had a nice clump about to start turning orange, but I think a deer or some other animal ate them....:mad:

My dad kept a vegetable garden into his late 70's, and Dad always used Seven Dust on his plants (especially tomatoes) to ward off deer and rabbits and other furry mammals. :p

Paul

Tayl405
08-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Meeting a friend for happy hour after work to catch up. We're going to a Cuban place and I can't wait to get plaintains :)

astronaut83
08-19-2009, 11:55 AM

My husband and I were growing some jalapenos and cat nip, but the squirrels destroyed them :mad: They also destoyed my neighbor's chives, but yet her basil survived.

My dad kept a vegetable garden into his late 70's, and Dad always used Seven Dust on his plants (especially tomatoes) to ward off deer and rabbits and other furry mammals. :p

At first, I was thinking about the band. "I don't blame the animals, that band sucks" :p

I'm an idiot.

fuzmiq
08-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Meeting a friend for happy hour after work to catch up. We're going to a Cuban place and I can't wait to get plaintains :)

OMG, I LOVE plantains. So good. That's all I wanted for every meal in Costa Rica. Now only if I could figure out how to make them properly. Mine don't quite work right.

Tonight, it's gal's night. We watch one of my favorite movies from last year, Revolutionary Road.

MichelleLBC
08-20-2009, 07:00 PM
working

ebruening
08-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Yup, working...and tomorrow night, and Saturday night, too. I am looking forward to Sunday night, some homemade white garlic chili, and episodes of Merlin, and Jekyll :)

wordsmith
08-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Nursing pulled back muscles and reading.

PenforPrez
08-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Mild panicking tonight while I figure out what to do with the work situation. Doing some laundry. I bought Gran Torino on DVD; I've been wanting to watch it. Probably do that tonight.

I'm visiting a friend in another part of Missouri this weekend. We're planning on going camping Labor Day weekend up in northern MO. Looking forward to it. :)

Paul

sondra_finchley
08-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Going to bed here in a minute- got home today after a 4 day trade show trip to Las Vegas. Thankfully this is the end of a month of traveling around, having people visit, and too much eating out and not enough exercise. Its so nice to have my house quiet and not worry about feeding people or keeping things spotless!

Picked up an ipod touch yesterday when I was killing time before my flight but the return trip was so exhausting I think I would rather go to bed than try and figure it out now :/

winneythepooh7
08-20-2009, 09:46 PM
I took my son for a long walk down to the park and around our neighborhood earlier looking at a bunch of homes on the market.

Came home, grilled up some steaks, potatoes and made a cucumber salad from my garden.

Put a cranky, cranky boy to sleep. I was downstairs trying to watch TV, but it's so freakin' hot so I am now upstairs in the A/C in our bedroom lounging on my laptop.

I wish we had a TV in our bedroom but my husband and I decided that takes away from reading/quiet time/and just our time together in general. :D

ebruening
08-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Mild panicking tonight while I figure out what to do with the work situation. Doing some laundry. I bought Gran Torino on DVD; I've been wanting to watch it. Probably do that tonight.

I'm visiting a friend in another part of Missouri this weekend. We're planning on going camping Labor Day weekend up in northern MO. Looking forward to it. :)

Paul

Ooh...love Gran Torino! If you haven't seen it already, I hope you'll enjoy it.

PenforPrez
08-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Ooh...love Gran Torino! If you haven't seen it already, I hope you'll enjoy it.

I watched it last night. I loved it! :D

FishOutOfWater
08-24-2009, 03:15 AM
I watched horse races all afternoon (Sunday is $1 admission day), got a burrito for dinner, and then went to 500 Days of Summer. it was a fun day.

Deni81
08-24-2009, 04:46 PM
I watched horse races all afternoon (Sunday is $1 admission day), got a burrito for dinner, and then went to 500 Days of Summer. it was a fun day.

I saw 500 Days of Summer this weekend and loved it.

MichelleLBC
08-24-2009, 05:01 PM
Having a girls night in. Just bought the new LIGHTS EP. We're going to be dancing to that all night. Great pop music.

Tayl405
08-24-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm laying on the couch sick, watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall (for the millionth time). I'm so bummed! It's gorgeous out, I wanted to go for a walk... :mad:

winneythepooh7
08-24-2009, 06:49 PM
My son is down for a nap which may turn into an early bedtime.

My husband is working late tonight, so I just made a salad of chopped cucumber, craisins, walnuts and rice vinegar.

Lounging on the couch watching 90210 re-runs.:p

PenforPrez
08-25-2009, 11:38 AM
I stayed home from work today. Woke up at 4:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. Been having more nights like that lately. Woke back up at 7:30 as usual and decided I simply couldn't fuck with work today. Can't afford to stay home, but it gives me a chance to look for a new job, which I'm going to start momentarily. :)

Meeting a friend of mine tonight for dinner. He's studying for a Ph.D. in political science, and I wanted to talk to him about his field of study. :idea:

Paul

ugarachel82
08-25-2009, 01:50 PM
I stayed home from work today. Woke up at 4:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. Been having more nights like that lately. Woke back up at 7:30 as usual and decided I simply couldn't fuck with work today. Can't afford to stay home, but it gives me a chance to look for a new job, which I'm going to start momentarily. :)

Meeting a friend of mine tonight for dinner. He's studying for a Ph.D. in political science, and I wanted to talk to him about his field of study. :idea:

Paul

I had a couple days this summer where I couldn't sleep and couldn't be bothered to fuck with work, so I called in sick. Not good to get into the habit of, but I suppose everyone needs a "mental health" day now and again. Do other quarter-lifers do this? I actually am unemployed this week, and enjoying the catch-up on applications and cleaning/purging this week. Also, cooking experiments abound! Huzzah unemployment and underemployment! :D

steph78
08-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Hopefully sleeping tonight. In some unfortunate coincidence (or perhaps God is mocking me)...just as soon as our new baby learned to sleep through the night, our dog has decided to start getting up at 4 AM every morning whining to be let outside. She has NEVER done this before. And what is even more frustrating, she apparently doesn't even need to go do her business - when we let her out she just goes and lies down on the back patio. Argh.

Before heading to bed we are planning on grilling for dinner and then going for a nice long walk, the weather is incredible this week!!

LakeJay
08-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Watching 500 Days of Summer with my 15-year-old cousin for FREE :D (gotta love Optimum Rewards)

Tayl405
08-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Either going for a walk or out for a drink. I'm having an inner debate on whether to be healthy or to indulge... :p

LakeJay
08-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Either going for a walk or out for a drink. I'm having an inner debate on whether to be healthy or to indulge... :p

Walk to and from the bar ;):

Tayl405
08-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Walk to and from the bar ;):

Haha... great solution!

astronaut83
08-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Going to go see Modest Mouse tonight. Yay!:D

winneythepooh7
08-25-2009, 07:52 PM
I just put grumpy dwarf to bed.:p

My husband is finishing up a job tonight so probably won't be home until 9PM. I have sausage & peppers simmering on the stove for when he gets in.

Just watching Seinfeld right now.

wordsmith
08-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Grilled some chicken marinated in honey and mustard, sliced it up, and tossed it with fresh red leaf lettuce, cubed avocado, mozzarella cheese, a splash of vinaigrette, and freshly ground salt and pepper. I forgot the croutons, though. Oh, well, I guess we'll snack on them.

Now we're reading/surfing, and relaxing.

PenforPrez
08-25-2009, 10:32 PM
My husband is finishing up a job tonight so probably won't be home until 9PM. I have sausage & peppers simmering on the stove for when he gets in.

That sounds delicious! :D

winneythepooh7
08-25-2009, 10:33 PM
I have leftovers if you want some!:D

PenforPrez
08-25-2009, 10:37 PM
I have leftovers if you want some!:D

I just had dinner, but nothing wrong with a snack! :razz:

winneythepooh7
08-26-2009, 07:42 PM
My husband is at a Jimmy Buffett concert for work-related purposes, so it's just me and the little one tonight!

We went for a long walk down to the park, I just had a sandwich for dinner, put my son to bed, and now I am watching Seinfeld.

My neighbors across the street were packing up their minivan for their daughter who is going away to her first year at college. *Sigh*. Sometimes I miss those days.:p

pisces2473
08-26-2009, 08:23 PM
My husband is at a Jimmy Buffett concert for work-related purposes, so it's just me and the little one tonight!
Whoa, I need a job like that! LOL ;)

My neighbors across the street were packing up their minivan for their daughter who is going away to her first year at college. *Sigh*. Sometimes I miss those days.:p
You might...in about 18 years. Unless you meant yourself! :D

pisces2473
08-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Came home, grilled pork chops for dinner, but put them in the oven to keep warm, went to get my hair cut. Came home again, ate dinner, now the hubs and I are figuring out what to do this weekend and relaxing.

ugarachel82
08-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Picking up Mom from the airport and then figuring out what we're going to do for the rest of the weekend doing fun mommy-daughter stuff. :D:)

PenforPrez
08-27-2009, 10:02 AM

Was it down in Margaritaville? :evil:

Trivia night last night once again. We won two rounds out of four; the second was on a tiebreaker--how many episodes of The Simpsons have been produced? (Answer: 441) I pulled out the three nations that border Lake Victoria to help win the first round (Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya). :) Later, they asked for all the colors of the property groups in Monopoly--in order! Nailed it!

It never ceases to amaze me how my friend and I, just the two of us, can consistently beat teams of 10 to 12 people. :cool:

Paul

LakeJay
08-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Tacos and Coronas at gf's...looking forward to a relaxing night with friends

mahlerssecond
08-27-2009, 10:35 PM
I was planning on working this evening, as normal. When I got into work I learned through my boss that my mayor friend's community got 11 inches of rain today and needed people to sandbag. I went out there to fill and throw sandbags this evening. The prick wouldn't even say thank you, but it felt good helping people out. :D

winneythepooh7
08-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Not sure yet. Have a ton of paperwork for my job to get through during the day today, then I will think about tonight. :p

DaneCA
08-28-2009, 12:21 PM
I was planning on working this evening, as normal. When I got into work I learned through my boss that my mayor friend's community got 11 inches of rain today and needed people to sandbag. I went out there to fill and throw sandbags this evening. The prick wouldn't even say thank you, but it felt good helping people out. :D

I know this is totally off-topic, but you've mentioned the flooding in Cedar Rapids on here before, Mahler, and I thought you might find this article interesting: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/28/us/28cedar.html?_r=1&hpw

Tayl405
08-28-2009, 12:34 PM
I am soooo happy it's Friday. This has been a long week!

Tonight I'm going out with a friend, tomorrow I have an engagement party, and Sunday I'm going over to a friend's for crab legs. I'm happy I have some fun stuff planned, because I need it this weekend!

fuzmiq
08-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Tonight: goodbye party, (possibly karaoke and bowling), bday party
Tomorrow: Brunch....(who knows), hang out with a friend in the evening
Sunday: hang with a friend, bbq

Bocheezu
08-28-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm looking forward to Saturday night; my cousin's 10-year-old has his first football game of the season. It's my cousin's first year as head coach, and some of the coaches for the other grades don't like him because he lets the parents take a more active approach in the practices. The parents love him, obviously, but it's a snooty CYO league and the coaches can be some real stodgy assholes. Either way, my cousin is really amped up about the team and it'd be really cool to see them improve from their 3-5 record last year.

hoodie
08-28-2009, 02:03 PM
My cousin is getting married and there are festivities for it tonight and tomorrow. Because she was raised Christian while he is Hindu, they are doing traditions from both. I'm really excited; never experienced anything quite like this before!

MichelleLBC
08-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Driving home from work with Katie Kerkhover's CD playing.
Enjoying a nice dinner at home with my +1 and might go out to see a show!

mahlerssecond
08-28-2009, 03:24 PM
I know this is totally off-topic, but you've mentioned the flooding in Cedar Rapids on here before, Mahler, and I thought you might find this article interesting: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/28/us/28cedar.html?_r=1&hpw

I saw the article this morning when one of our public officials posted it on Facebook. I am happy to see that we are getting a little more coverage in the national media. Coverage of this disaster outside of the local and regional area has been sparse. Feel free to let people know about this, we still need a lot of help. These are the sad scenes that I have to see everyday coming to and from work, a few of the pictures bring light to the sad stories that I hear out of co-workers, and friends.

There was a news spot on our local ABC affiliate last night regarding the volunteer work that I did in the small town of Palo (about 10 miles NW of Cedar Rapids). The town got 8-11 inches of rain the last couple of days, the creeks and ditches were out of there banks. The whole town was flooded last year and I put a lot of time and effort in helping my friend who was the mayor in bringing the place back up. Even though him and I have a love/hate relationship, I felt sorry enough for his people, took the time off of work, and went out there and sandbagged for a few hours last night. There is a time to put conflict aside. These efforts may of saved the community.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/55574537.html

winneythepooh7
08-28-2009, 06:21 PM
My husband and I are going to go to the library when he gets home.

Then come back, make dinner. Hopefully the rain here will let up so we can grill some steaks.

Tommorrow morning I am taking my son to a 1-year-old birthday party for his little friend. Then making a large pot of sauce.

Sunday, not sure yet. Probably cleaning and getting my house prepped. My sister is coming down Mon-Thurs and then my parents are coming down on Thursday afternoon through Labor Day weekend to see the baby.

FishOutOfWater
08-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Tonight I'm going to an earthquake festival. I've never been to one before so I'm excited to see what it's all about!

Tomorrow evening we're headed to a goodbye party for an ex-coworker of my SO (who I've never met unfortunately) who's leaving the country for grad school for 5 years.

PenforPrez
08-28-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm looking forward to Saturday night; my cousin's 10-year-old has his first football game of the season. It's my cousin's first year as head coach, and some of the coaches for the other grades don't like him because he lets the parents take a more active approach in the practices. The parents love him, obviously, but it's a snooty CYO league and the coaches can be some real stodgy assholes. Either way, my cousin is really amped up about the team and it'd be really cool to see them improve from their 3-5 record last year.

This sounds really cool! Let us know how he does. I'm curious now. :)

PenforPrez
08-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Took a ride over to Illinois after work to get some Mega Millions lottery tickets; the jackpot is officially listed at $333 million. :eek: My mother wanted some, so I decided to get some too while I was there. ;):

Going to visit my parents tomorrow. I need to borrow their car for my camping trip, and visiting them will help a little bit. Might have lunch with my old high school quizbowl coach; I recently made overtures to try to rekindle our old friendship, and he seems open. :)

Paul

sondra_finchley
08-29-2009, 11:03 AM
After an insane week Im taking it easy this weekend. Getting my hair cut (finally!) in an hour with my hairdresser who gives the most awesome head and neck massage for 5 minutes (Free!) before she starts cutting. Then I think we are headed over to Penzeys to pick up some new spices (yay!). My aunt, uncle, and mom are day-tripping over here also so maybe they will take us out for dinner :)

Tomorrow more relaxing- laundry and getting things in line for this week. Have some work admin stuff to deal with too.

Deni81
08-29-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm meeting up with some friends for dinner and drinks for my birthday. Technically my birthday is tomorrow, but I'm celebrating it tonight.

winneythepooh7
08-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Took my son to a birthday party earlier. Caught up with some friends we haven't seen in awhile.

Came home, cleaned the house----still doing laundry.

Made homemade sauce. Right now I am enjoying a glass of red wine, and waiting for the water to boil for the spaghetti. :D

wordsmith
08-29-2009, 09:56 PM
Went to the coffeehouse and read, then came home and did some online searching for shelter dogs. Now cleaning and doing laundry.

Bocheezu
08-29-2009, 11:08 PM
My cousin's team ran into a buzzsaw tonight and got crushed. These are all sixth graders, and the other team had a kid that was at least 5'8". The max weight is 135 and I think he just barely made it. This kid was at least 4-5 inches taller than any other kid on the field; the next highest kid barely came up to his chin. He basically ran the ball every play. It took 4-5 kids to tackle him. He was also fast, cause they'd run the sweep with him and he outran my cousin's entire team. He had 3 TDs in the first half, which is pretty amazing because I think it's only 10 min quarters. Mercifully, he was benched for the 2nd half and things didn't get too out of hand.

Our offense didn't do much of anything. They had a kickoff return to the 5, but couldn't get in (they always go on 4th down -- no field goals or punts). They also got a big fumble recovery at the beginning of the 2nd half, and the kids were all pumped, but they fumbled it back on the very next play. Their only first downs were on passes, which was just the kid chucking it down field for a jump ball that luckily got caught and not intercepted. The running game did nothing.

Final Score:

Holy Family 25
St. Edith 0