PDA

View Full Version : If you could see any concert....

paperjam1015
03-29-2004, 12:38 AM
Come on Come on!!! Take another little piece of my heart, now baby

Of a musician/band that's no longer around, who would it be?

I am lovin Janis Joplin right now...

Son of a preacher is one of my all time faves

"Freedom's just another word for nothin left to lose...."

stonemonkey
03-29-2004, 01:08 AM
the rat pack at the sands hotel, las vegas.

psylocke
03-29-2004, 02:53 AM
Louis Armstrong at a cafe in New Orleans.

Ella Fitzgerald at a ballroom in NYC.

Elliott Smith (1969-2003) in Cambridge, pub.

TankgirlyC
03-29-2004, 08:21 AM
Ive stated on other posts how I hate paying for concert tickets which is why I never ever go------BUT for fun and games....

Depeche Mode
Pink Floyd
U2
INXS
Led Zeppelin (before John died)

But to give you a taste of who I have seen (most of which I paid nothing to go see!)

Earth Wind & Fire
Barry White
BB King (at a small venue he was 10 feet from me!)
Bloodhound Gang (small venue hung out on the tour bus after)
Temptations (front row!)
B52's
Pretenders
Brian Setzer
Jimmy Page & Robert Plant (when they toured with Johns son)
Insane Clown Posse (my ex took me yech)
Twizted
Tim McGraw & Faith Hill

shimmer728
03-29-2004, 08:58 AM
You are all going to laugh, buttttt......

I am dying to see Mariah in concert.

kimmer23
03-29-2004, 09:11 AM
i know this thread was about singer's no longer around... i have to think about this one.

but there seems to be a lot of good concerts this summer. for this summer i have tickets to DMB and prince. we are trying to get buffett tickets too. they sold out after like 5 minutes around here.

Crimson King II
03-29-2004, 10:18 AM
The Rat Pack at the Sands......

It never got any better than those guys.

coll214
03-29-2004, 11:53 AM
Like the Rat Pack idea, but would have to go for the Beatles...

pittgirl
03-29-2004, 12:54 PM
I would have to say the Rat Pack from a female side.

However though I wouldn't mind seeing DMB band and again and gotta go with Shimmer, I think Mariah would be great to see as well as Whitney Houston, if she wasn't so drugged up.

shimmer728
03-29-2004, 07:04 PM
Oooh I forgot about Whitney! And I didn't realize this was supposed to be about singers who are no longer around. Oh well!

paperjam1015
03-29-2004, 07:13 PM
I AM going to see DMB this summer It's four days before my b-day!!!

kimmer23
03-29-2004, 08:12 PM
i would have loved to see bob marley. that would have been cool. he died before i ever knew who he was though (when i was 2).

CATEIMUS
03-30-2004, 09:00 AM
Paperjam....
Yay to DMB concerts! I am going to the one here in Sac a week before MY birthday with my boyfriend and some friends...CAN'T WAIT!
Anyone seen him at the Gorge up in Washington??? Absolutely awesome...the stage is right at the edge of this canyon in the middle of nowhere...that was the best concert ever (and that one happened to land on my birthday which made it even better!)

lioness524
03-30-2004, 09:24 AM
One I am dying to see this summer is Metallica!!! Been a big fan since middle school and they are playing in the Quad Cities in August, so I am trying to talk my boyfriend into going. The only thing is my friend Becky really wants me to see David Bowie with her in May.... decision, decisions.

Crimson King II
03-30-2004, 11:31 AM
...going to the Rolling Stones if anyone gets a chance. They're rock immortals (just look at this months Rolling Stone if you don't believe me!), and though I was not a huge fan of theirs growing up (since I'm only 27), I saw them in Norman, OK when they played Owen Field at the Bridges to Babylon tour. INCREDIBLE show. I've never seen an atmosphere like that.

So I saw them again last year in the 40 Licks tour...not AS good...but still better than other shows I've seen by far. They're a spectacle...and won't be around TOO much longer (give or take 10 years!).

LakeJay
03-30-2004, 02:49 PM
I feel pretty fortunate but I am going to get to see the Black Eyed Peas and N.E.R.D. in a couple weeks at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC. I've been following the Black Eyed Peas for few years now and I've seen them a couple of times already. They do an awesome show. And I am a big fan of the Neptunes (Pharell Williams and Chad Hugo) and the music they do for N.E.R.D. so I'm thinking this will be a pretty cool show. It should be a big mix in the audience.

LakeJay
03-30-2004, 03:13 PM
Is that Tribe as in Tribe Called Quest?

LakeJay
03-30-2004, 03:17 PM
NO WAY!!! I love Tribe Called Quest but I never got to see them. My friend watched them while he was at VA. Tech. I wonder if they will ever do a show together again.

LakeJay
03-30-2004, 03:44 PM
I wouldn't doubt if they were touring together at one point. That would have been an awesome show.

It's funny you should say that the show was cancelled. A few years ago a friend and I had tickets to see the Beastie Boys and Rage Against the Machine at Giants Stadium. This was when Zack was still the lead singer with Rage. But of course the show was cancelled because one of the Beastie Boys hurt himself riding his bike. I really wanted to see this show. It would have just so awesome and intense. Oh well...

LakeJay
03-30-2004, 03:55 PM
You'll have to find out who the group was that performed instead of BEP. I wonder if they're "famous" now. I still wish I could have seen Tribe.

The last time I went to see BEP it was in NYC and Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz were actually there in the middle of the dance floor with everyone else. It was pretty cool. Justin Timberlake even got on stage and performed. Now I'm no NSync fan but I'll admit he was pretty good.

How awesome would have that Rage/Beastie show been? It still hurts to think of how cool it would have been. Seen any cool shows lately?

LakeJay
03-30-2004, 04:28 PM
You've got to be kidding me? I know who Maceo Parker is. I've actually seen him twice. Mainly because my cousin wanted to see him. Regardless, it was good show.

As far as shows in Saratoga, if you like John Mayer (which I do) he added a bunch of shows for a North America show and I think he is playing up in Saratoga...Just thought you might like to know that.