PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to go!!

iwanttoscream
08-19-2004, 01:53 PM
I just found out that my husband got the job that he has been interviewing for for the past three weeks. It is an amazing opportunity and I am so happy for him but we have to move. The job is in the same city as his entire family. I went to college in the same city so I know it really well but all my friends are gone now. I won't know anyone and I have to find a new job. I was just getting comfortable here. I really like my job and the people I work with, my best friend lives here, there are tons of things to do, I have been making a lot of friends - things just seemed like they were coming together and now I have to leave. I hate moving and I hate the anxiety of looking for a new job. I guess there is nothing anyone can say but I just found out and I am feeling so many things...mostly sadness.

heatherf
08-19-2004, 03:55 PM
I thought I would reply to you- since we have a very similar background and you obviously need a pick me up.

I am so sorry....simply cause you are sad. I'm sure that this is something you and your husband have talked about- and I'm guessing that the both of you decided that if he were offered the job, he should take it and you guys would move.

It doesn't make it any easier. And you need to at least tell him that - although you will go, you are gonna have a really difficult time.

I hope that you are pretty close with his family, cause you might want to spend lots of time with them just to keep busy, while you are looking for a job.

How old are you anyway...and how old is your husband? What type of job did he get?

And we will all be on here - and you can talk to us!

-Heather

iwanttoscream
08-19-2004, 04:26 PM
You are so sweet!! Thank you. I am turning 25 in less than a month and he will be 27 later this year. The job is in sales - which he loves and he has wanted this job for so long. We have talked about it but I guess I didn't think about all I would be leaving behind. I do really like his family - especially his two brothers - they are both really funny and like to go out and have fun.

He moved here because I was here and gave up his family (they aren't THAT far away but he really loves him Mom and brothers), so I guess it is my time to relocate and turn my life upside down. The move is in a month and we haven't even looked at places. I am getting tired just knowing how much I have ahead of me in the next four weeks: finding a place, packing, finding a job, giving my two weeks notice, taking time off to do all of this - plus I have a friend's wedding and a visit to my parent's that are already planned and paid for!!! I know I will make it but right now I want to go home and eat macaroni and cheese and watch Pretty Woman.

heatherf
08-19-2004, 05:42 PM
I PMd you!

tartytwenty
08-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Good luck on your massive transistion. Maybe you'll land yourself a great job and meet some great new people at the job. Are you leaving your family behind? Where are they located?