PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun...

roxchris
10-11-2004, 05:46 PM
How do you let someone know that you like them without saying those 3 little words? I mean do you concentrate on the physical (sex, kisses, hugs) or do other things? I love to feed the people I find I like a whole lot. I get this amazing urge to take care of them.

wordsmith
10-11-2004, 05:57 PM
I, too, take care of people. I'm a nurturing sort. But I also am big on saying the words when appropriate. Heh, you may have ascertained that I'm big on words.

Phoenix
10-11-2004, 06:06 PM
I think body language says a lot. Usually people who are into someone else touch them quite a bit. For example, a hand on the arm/back. They lean in a bit when speaking. They have an open type of position (i.e. not crossing their arms) or might mirror an action you're doing (i.e. crossing legs).

It's also in the things you do for someone, as you mentioned. Like cooking dinner or sending them an article that talks about something you know that they're interested in.

roxchris
10-11-2004, 06:16 PM
I have been reading articles that say men use the physical (sex) to convey those words not so much the words themselves...thought it was interesting....don't know how true that is....

wordsmith
10-11-2004, 06:18 PM
Probably more guys that I have dated have had trouble expressing emotion in words than not. Just my experience.

stonemonkey
10-11-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by roxchris
I have been reading articles that say men use the physical (sex) to convey those words not so much the words themselves...

can't say i agree with that one....

BBoop
10-11-2004, 06:27 PM
i've been with my bf for over a year now. i made sure he was the first to say those infamous three words. at first it was awkward for us, we could look each other in the eye or touch each other. but then we just started spending more time together and talking or sharing our feelings. i guess you could say we've grown together. so, I guess to answer your question, just spend time with that person and get to know them for who they really are. open yourself up the them, and let them be open with you.

tartytwenty
10-12-2004, 12:50 PM
My bf and I are at the 1 year 9 month mark, living together for 1 year. We start off the morning with "I love you" every morning. Usually it's our little morning routine that will mend us if we were fighting the night prior. Then, I'm all about hugs. When I've had a drink or two, even more hugs for more people!

chrisp
10-12-2004, 03:23 PM
I think me and my bf express love more physically then anything else. He makes an effort to use words too. I probably have to work on that.