PDA

View Full Version : I hate Halloween

winneythepooh7
11-01-2004, 03:18 PM
I really don't HATE Halloween but I am totally irritated.....last night I was driving my car looking for a spot and a posse of teens hit it with an egg. I was so mad I was going to get out and say something but I was afraid that would create even bigger problems like more eggs or my tires slashed. I hate that teens have to act like this. It just ruins it for the rest of us. I did call 311 though and filed a quality of life complaint.

pisces2473
11-01-2004, 03:18 PM
What's 311?

winneythepooh7
11-01-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by pisces2473
What's 311?

It's NYC's info line, you can call also to file complaints that are not necessary emergencies, like noise complaints, broken streetlamps, pot holes, that kind of thing. If I had called 911 I am sure I would have gotten laughed at or my head handed to me for calling about kids throwing eggs on Halloween as an "emergency".

wordsmith
11-01-2004, 04:28 PM
Hah. About 99% of the 911 calls here are actually of a more 311 nature.

tartytwenty
11-01-2004, 06:43 PM
We should rename the thread, to I hate naughty teenagers. I realized I was old when teenagers started annoying me, because as a teen I vowed to never hate teens....

Anyways, I saw some pretty cool teens at a store drive up really fast to a shopping cart and open up the car door smashing it. They saw and wanted our reaction, we just drove behind them. Then they decided to wave a big bat out of the window, to show us how cool they were. I called 411 asked for the non-emergency police office number, they connected me, and I put in my complaint complete with where they were headed and license plate. I felt old for doing that too, but dammit, what's the point of breaking stuff with a bat and trying to intimidate older people like us??? Morons.

maxwell78
11-02-2004, 03:32 AM
I'm not really all that big on Halloween either.