PDA

View Full Version : accepting random date offers

kitalyn414
01-05-2005, 03:25 PM
do you think it is weird to just go on a date with someone you meet in a bar or wherever? this guy approached me after the usc game last night (go trojans!) and we started chatting. he offered to take me out on saturday night, so i said yes. in retrospect, i don't know this person at all, though he seems normal enough... interesting, attractive, employed, etc. he is a little quirky, but i found it kind of endearing.

i guess i ask because i can't recall a time where this has ever happened to me before. i'm excited, but part of me is going, "what the hell are you thinking?"

pisces2473
01-05-2005, 03:27 PM
That's sweet...like old school dating. I would do the same things you'd do when going on a blind/internet date--meet up somewhere in public, keep it short, etc.

Good luck Kita!

and1grad
01-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Nope. Actually I thought thats what a lot of people do. Now if u post on Monday that the 2 of u decided to get married in Vegas, as a quirk...

Sgiono
01-05-2005, 03:29 PM
No, i don't think it's wierd to go out on a date with someone you met in a bar or wherever... i mean, a bar is probably not the best place to meet a guy, but then again, why not? You never know, cool people can be found in all places, you never know.

Just be safe...

J-girl
01-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Its totally normal. I would rather meet someone at random places then be set up ideally.

coll214
01-05-2005, 03:31 PM
I don't see any issues w/ it. After all, isn't the date part of how you get to know somebody?

kitalyn414
01-05-2005, 03:36 PM
well, i'm glad i have everyone's approval!!! :D

i told him i am moving in a month, so if he wants to catch this bus, he better hurry. he offered to take me to dinner this saturday. he isn't really my normal "type" but i am strangely attracted to him. plus he pays these really unique compliments. we're going to a fairly romantic restaurant that i have always wanted to go to. fun times!

i'm so new to all this. this will be the 2nd 1st date i've ever had in my whole life. the other 1st date turned into a 5 month relationship. ;)

ErLeCa
01-05-2005, 03:55 PM
Go for it! I've done that once and had a really fun time! I'm sure everyone agrees, just as long as you go somewhere public and be safe and such. We all expect a full report when your date's over!

mishl982
01-05-2005, 04:25 PM
There's definitely nothing wrong with going on the date. He may be amazing, and if not, at least you got free dinner! LOL

kitalyn414
01-05-2005, 05:01 PM
i'll definitely let everyone know. i guess it would be pretty embarassing if he didn't call, but i think he will. he called me last night to make sure i got home, so that was nice.

the great thing about this is that it is giving me something to occupy my mind with besides the constant brain chatter about how my life sucks. i think i may be a rebounder. oh well, everyone copes in different ways i guess.

midtwenty
01-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Simply because I'm paranoid, highly suspicious of everyone, and do NOT trust strangers, may I suggest that you meet him at the restaurant, stay in public places at all times, and then take your own car home? I mean, nothing against this guy but it's always better to be on the safe side.

wordsmith
01-05-2005, 05:27 PM
I think 99% of my dates have been with random guys who randomly asked me. I don't think it's weird at all. I mean, who else would ask me out? Guys I've known all my life? Male friends? Coworkers? It's gonna be randoms, most likely. I tend to just go with the gut. I used to be crappy about declining if I wasn't interested, because I felt rude doing so, which landed me in some painful dinners, etc. But in the intervening years, I've since gotten better about accepting only if I get a good gut feeling.

For safety's sake, though, it IS best to make that first date on familiar, public turf.

shimmer728
01-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Yeah, go for it. Since he knows you're leaving in a month, it should be a fun, low-key evening out. :)

kitalyn414
01-06-2005, 03:31 PM
UPDATE... just got the confirmation call! :D :D :D

we're on for saturday!!! i'm experiencing an abnormal level of excitement about this. LOL! the call put a little spring in my step! i'm such a freak. :p

oh and the bonus is that we are going to meet up with his friend and my roommate (setting them up... we already decided they will be perfect!) for drinks afterwards. yippeee!

now... what to wear? :cool:

pisces2473
01-06-2005, 03:36 PM
WOW, that's really cool that you're gonna go out w/ your friends after too. hehehe! Have fun! Where exactly are you going?

kitalyn414
01-06-2005, 03:54 PM
we're going here. (http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/35191098?cslink=search_name_cust&ulink=search__searchslot1_2__1_profile_2_1) :D

pisces2473
01-06-2005, 03:58 PM
Wow. That's awesome. Have a Buena Suerta Margarita Gigante for me. :)

kitalyn414
01-10-2005, 12:39 PM
date went great... have to admit that i'm feeling a little bit smitten. :D older guys are the best. :)

One on One
01-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by kitalyn414
older guys are the best. :)

Why?

J-girl
01-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by kitalyn414
date went great... have to admit that i'm feeling a little bit smitten. :D older guys are the best. :)

I love that smitten feeling! Everything falls in it's proper place! :) :(

kitalyn414
01-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by One on One
Why? they are just more decisive. they know what they want, what they like, and they say so. also, they are more set in their careers so they can do a little spoiling. :p

shimmer728
01-10-2005, 05:03 PM
How old is he, kita?

kitalyn414
01-10-2005, 07:41 PM

some other notes on said gentleman: he has some really odd little quirks that, for some reason, i find FASCINATING and really kind of a turn on. i have never met anyone like him. i can't stop thinking about it. i feel that maybe a "normal" girl... or maybe someone who was less open minded, might be freaked out, but i am just like, "WOW, that is so interesting!" ;)

littledancerus
01-10-2005, 10:54 PM
I never get random date offers!! I want random date offers!!! Booooo :(