PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday...

LakeJay
04-01-2005, 12:35 PM
...are you actually working on anything?

I am really bumming it today. I'm working out of my old office because I didn't want to deal with the traffic to get to my current office. So I have a lot of old friends here that I am visiting. Plus I am sitting in a "secluded" cubicle which means more internet time. I do have some administrative stuff I need to take care of but I'm in no mood.

pisces2473
04-01-2005, 12:46 PM
LOL yes, I'm actually working today. I'm flexing out at 2:15 and I'm out on Monday, so I have some stuff I should get done before I leave. I don't HAVE to get it done (no deadlines) but I just feel I should have something done before Tuesday.

LakeJay
04-01-2005, 12:51 PM
A friend sent this to me...It's alternative to April Fool's. From the sounds of it lately or all the time, I thought some of you might enjoy...
================================================== ========

Friday, April 1 is the official Slap Your Irritating Co-Workers Holiday:

Do you have a co-worker who talks nonstop about nothing, working your last nerve with tedious and boring details that you don't give a damn about?

Do you have a co-worker who ALWAYS screws up stuff creating MORE work for you?

Do you have a co-worker who kisses so much booty, you can look in their mouth and see what your boss had for lunch?

Do you have a co-worker who is SOOO obnoxious, when he/she enters a
room, everyone else clears it?

Well, on behalf of Ike Turner, I am so very very glad to officially
announce tomorrow as SLAP YOUR IRRITATING CO-WORKER DAY!

There are the rules you must follow:

* You can only slap one person per hour - no more.
* You can slap the same person again if they irritate you again in the same day.
* You are allowed to hold someone down as other co-workers take their turns slapping the irritant.
* No weapons are allowed...other than going upside somebody's head with
a stapler or a hole-puncher.
* CURSING IS MANDATORY! After you have slapped the recipient, your
"assault" must be followed with something like "cause I'm sick of your stupid-a$$ always messing up stuff!"
* If questioned by a supervisor [or police, if the supervisor is the
irritant], you are allowed to LIE, LIE, LIE! Now, study the rules, break out your list of folks that you want to slap the living day lights out of and get to slapping.....and have a great day!!!!

biodork
04-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Yeah I was busy but that was my whole morning. I think I'm done after my run is complete :rolleyes: And my boss is already gone for the weekend! Methinks a certain biodork may be leaving much earlier today... :D

Luna456m
04-01-2005, 12:57 PM
I LOVE THAT...especially since i voted to make this a real holiday

I'm sending all my firends an e-mail stating that They are having this big party tonight at a club here in Miami Beach...

I will sending them a "special" password that will only allow a special few to enter the VIP area... oh yeah by the way its come dressed as your favorite character night......

pisces2473
04-01-2005, 12:59 PM
I love that idea w/ the coworker...but the one who annoys the shit out of me left early! DAMN!

Tayl405
04-01-2005, 01:10 PM
I compeltely have NO desire to do work today! And apparently no one else in the office does either. It's beautiful out, finally April, and Friday. I want to go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mishl982
04-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Yea I don't really have anything to do today. I will probably be productive for about an hour today.

Although another coworker asked me earlier to go to Office Depot to kill some time because she was bored too!

LakeJay
04-01-2005, 03:19 PM
I just won a 1-liter Coke product (bottle cap game) for the 2nd time in a week. :0 Small victories, people.

hopeless
04-01-2005, 05:16 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow!! I've been waiting patiently for Sat. to come!! My friends are taking me out to lunch on my b-day. Although it's gonna be raining heavily tomorrow in Boston, I'm not gonna let that get to me. I already know what I'll be wearing tomorrow along with my colorful bright blue raincoat & definitely plan to bring my umbrella.

tina1979
04-01-2005, 06:10 PM
i had to work today. too much putting stuff off to play on here. I've been playing catch up all week. I am finally almost done. :huge:

Luna456m
04-01-2005, 06:30 PM
UUUGHGHHGH...... I want to go out tonight SO bad but my best friend is Pregnant, my sister's husband is back in town and ....yeah thats about it.

A co worker invited me to go to "Game Works" ??? Never been... they do have liquor thats always a +

It would be me her and probably her bf and a couple of their friends...oh my god am i really that desperate to go out?!!!!!

Maybe if i have a couple shots before i go out it wont hurt as much....

LakeJay
12-14-2007, 01:06 PM
I feel like my weekend started at 10:30 today. I had a meeting at 8:30 and another 10 which I used last night to prepare for so now I feel like I have nothing left to do...which really isn't true.
The most productive thing I've done in the past hour and a half is send out short emails to two potential Match.com dates.

Anyone mailing it in like I am right now?

meatwad
12-14-2007, 01:14 PM
I feel like my weekend started at 10:30 today. I had a meeting at 8:30 and another 10 which I used last night to prepare for so now I feel like I have nothing left to do...which really isn't true.
The most productive thing I've done in the past hour and a half is send out short emails to two potential Match.com dates.

Anyone mailing it in like I am right now?

Bored enough to bring back a 2 1/2 year old thread? lol

Yeah, I've been dialing it in since...August I think? Maybe earlier than that.

winneythepooh7
12-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Yeah, pretty quiet here as well. Not much to do at all since I am "between positions". I did meet with the guy who would be one of my bosses earlier to chat about what I would eventually be doing as my Plan B if Plan A doesn't work out.

I am back to being ambivalent again. Yay.

Periphrasis
12-14-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm doing nothing! My two bosses are already essentially on their vacation (which will last until January 2nd), so the next couple weeks are going to be me surfing the Internet and playing Office Olympics.

Bsig84
12-14-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm doing nothing! My two bosses are already essentially on their vacation (which will last until January 2nd), so the next couple weeks are going to be me surfing the Internet and playing Office Olympics.

What's office olympics?

winneythepooh7
12-14-2007, 05:06 PM
Ha! I just got home. I left work early after going to lunch with one of my former co-workers.