PDA

View Full Version : Last Week of Work!!!

SmilesSoSweet
04-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Wow, it's finally come down to my last week here. This was my first real world job after college (I interned one year while in school). I've been here for almost five years. It's just a little strange. Leaving here, packing my things, moving out to Arizona, and starting a brand new job and life out there. I don't know any other place other than California, so it'll definitely been a significant change. And there is so much to look forward to yet so much to be nervous about, too.

I haven't been thinking about anything else other than taking care of whatever I need to before I move. I have one more doctor to see today and I'm all caught up. I got my car serviced over the weekend. My utilities are ready to be turned on when I get there, too. This is the most I've ever been prepared for a move. Now I really feel like a grown-up!

pisces2473
04-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Wow! You lucky girl! Enjoy the move and settling in :)

J-girl
04-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Wow that must be really exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time! Good luck to you!!!

sunshine79
04-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Congrats! Good for you for moving on and starting something new and exciting!

Kitty
04-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Good-luck. Sounds like you're organized.

and1grad
04-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Congrats!! Make sure you got the other utility stuff like cable outta the way too. You know scheduling those guys to come out is a bitch. Good luck with your new............LIFE!!!

SmilesSoSweet
04-11-2005, 04:24 PM
Thanks guys!!! And yes, my cable is ready to go when I get there. Same with my internet too. :) I even have my phone ready to go. Yeah, I'm still one of the few that still wants a land line. I hate having my cell phone be my main contact. I turn that off when I don't want people to get a hold of me directly. hehe

lilyflower
04-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Good luck with the move! Remember, grocery stores are the BEST place to get free boxes.

SmilesSoSweet
04-11-2005, 07:30 PM
What's even better with this move is that I don't even have to worry about boxes. My new company is paying for my relocation and I found movers that will also pack my belongings (of course I'll be supervising their packing) for a really great deal. I did start collecting free boxes from work, so now I have a pile of boxes at my apartment that I won't be using. I'll just recycle them.