PDA

View Full Version : I resigned! I actually did it!

NorthernAngel
04-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Last Friday, I walked into my boss' office and handed a 2 line resignation letter. What a relief! I was scared of the reactions - but they all were positive. I'm still a little amazed at how well it went.

I have been working for a computer startup for 4 years now - I'm the most senior of all the employees - it's really weird - nobody expected me to quit.

Anyways, I'm going to meet up with my husband in Europe (he has accepted a one-year transfer in France) for two months before returning home to look for a job.

Why am I so zen about it? I should be freaking out no? No salary for 2 months + coming back to no job. Anybody can explain this?

tina1979
04-11-2005, 05:06 PM
I'm guessing the excitment and adrenaline rush stemming from the unknown.

Congrats!

GetMeOuttaDC
04-11-2005, 05:07 PM
you're zen because you're happy you get 2 months in Europe with your husband?

also, didn't you not really like your job all that much?

NorthernAngel
04-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Well my job was a good learning experience - I had to opportunity to dig my teeth into projects no big corp would ever let me get close to. But I hit the glass ceiling so many times now, I'm getting a migraine. ;)

J-girl
04-11-2005, 05:40 PM
NA- I understand the zen feeling. I remember when my contract finished with my last job last summer. I didnt feel depressed or anything. I had no new job in sight or anything but I was still so calm.

Kitty
04-11-2005, 05:46 PM
I bet its just the feeling of not being tied to anything.

pisces2473
04-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Enjoy your time off and with your husband! You miss him! Go have fun!