about us | workshops | message boards       
quarterlifecrisis.com    people blur   
a one-stop info-shop for recent grads & beyond      
   lifeworkplay   

Page 214 of 219 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 3271
    Quote Originally Posted by DaneCA View Post
    What a fun date! (The first option )
    So yeah, it really was. The weather held out and we had a nice time. Hung out today too before I had to go to work at the Dogwood Festival. Definitely still on the same page and we both want to see each other as much as possible. It's a really good feeling to have to do absolutely nothing and have a good time just because of the person you are with.
    "I want to hold the whole wide world right here in my open hands/maybe I'm just a little girl/a little girl with great big plans." ~Mindy Gledhill, Whole Wide World

"If you can't spot the crazy person on the bus, it's probably you." ~HIMYM, Season 6

Yes, I blog...

"Sometimes you have to wade through some shit to get to the good stuff." ~Tayl405

Got in my pool today! First swim day of the season!

Maybe "game night" tonight?
    "Nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be this hard, take me back to the start"

Jealous!

My husband and I have thrown around the idea of getting a pool, since with a kid and his not being able to take a vacation during the summer months because of his business, it would be a nice thing to have.

I worry about how much this would increase our taxes though, as well as having a small child around a pool makes me a wreck .

Quote Originally Posted by winneythepooh7 View Post

I worry about how much this would increase our taxes though, as well as having a small child around a pool makes me a wreck .
    Does having a pool increase your taxes significantly? I didn't realize (I guess I never thought about it).

The safety aspect has always made me nervous, though. For myself included, haha.
    Taylor

"Happiness is that state of consciousness which proceeds from the achievement of one's values." - Atlas Shrugged

ANYTHING on Long Island increases your taxes.

It's commonplace if you put an extension on your home to have them double. I know a family that their taxes went up to $24K a year because of this reason.

This is why so many people can't afford to buy in the area. (Not because of the mortgage---that's peanuts compared to the taxes).

This is why I ALWAYS say don't beat yourself up if you can't afford to buy, especially anywhere in the NY/NJ/CT area!!!

Not Baltimore, contrary to popular belief
    Today, I'm preparing for my weekend trip to History Bowl nats in D.C. this weekend. A guy I know from Cleveland is meeting me here tomorrow, and we're driving down together. This is going to be a blast! Trying to get in touch with some friends in the area, but I'm having the usual game of phone tag. *sigh*

Paul
    I've always been different, with one foot over the line
    Winding up somewhere one step ahead or behind
    It ain't been so easy, but I guess I shouldn't complain
    I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane

Nobody knows if it's something to bless or to blame
    So far, I ain't found a rhyme or a reason to change

I've Always Been Crazy, Waylon Jennings (1978)

Made it to D.C. Fun will now commence. Going to a great burger joint I know shortly, then an all-history pub quiz in Georgetown.

Paul

Woke up early this morning with a sick stomachache. I was one heave away from throwing up for only the second time in 20 years. Yuck. After I finally got some sleep, I'm feeling lots better.

Working on my tournament in Columbus next weekend. Getting all the background stuff put together. Going to try to go out walking later.

Paul

Anyone else having trouble reaching the "main" discussion boards? I get 403 errors whenever I try to access the lounge, or Life/Work/Play. It seems like I can access individual threads though, so maybe it's just a weird permissions glitch.

Yeah. But the owner posted yesterday that they are going to be upgrading so I am sure there will be some glitches until the site gets revamped.

It's raining here so I am pretty much stuck in the house. I have to run an errand in a little bit, then I'm going to go to Bikram. I haven't been in about a week.

My sister is coming down tonight for a few days, so that should be fun.

Trying to activate my replacement phone right now; my new phone got smooshed last weekend in DC. Yay for insurance!

Had to run a friend of mine to the Pittsburgh airport. Took a detour to the south so I could get some Tim Horton's coffee. Yum!

Paul

Thread Problems

Alright, so I know this is not in the right place but it's the only way I know how to get my message out right now. Anyways, if the Administrator of this board is reading this message, I've been having some technical issues since the redesign of the forum. Here's the problem: I can get to this thread because it was displayed on the main forum page. But when I click on the overall title of the forum (Example: QLCentral aka the lounge), it gives me the message below:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/forumdisplay.php on this server.

Is anybody else having this issue? I don't know if it's my computer or something with the forums. I never had this problem before the forum redesign. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stillsearching View Post
    Alright, so I know this is not in the right place but it's the only way I know how to get my message out right now. Anyways, if the Administrator of this board is reading this message, I've been having some technical issues since the redesign of the forum. Here's the problem: I can get to this thread because it was displayed on the main forum page. But when I click on the overall title of the forum (Example: QLCentral aka the lounge), it gives me the message below:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/forumdisplay.php on this server.

Is anybody else having this issue? I don't know if it's my computer or something with the forums. I never had this problem before the forum redesign. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Ok, so it probably would have helped if I had read other users' posts before I posted this because I now realize other people are having the same problems also, lol. Anyways, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! And I'm also liking the redesign so far too. I hope she gets rid of the old threads from years ago that are no longer active. It would really help de-clutter the forums. Although sometimes it is fun to search and read threads from long ago. It's very educational.
    Last edited by stillsearching; 05-05-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stillsearching View Post
    I hope she gets rid of the old threads from years ago that are no longer active. It would really help de-clutter the forums. Although sometimes it is fun to search and read threads from long ago. It's very educational.
    No! I mentioned a few days ago, coincidentally, how valuable all those old posts are.

The way to de-clutter the forum would be to shuffle around how many forums there are. Right now there are 9 or so, I believe, and there really only needs to be 3-4. But don't delete posts, just move them all to appropriate spots.

EDIT: Counted, there's actually 4 main forums and 12 subforums. Ouch. Yeah, definitely need to pare it down a little bit.

Also, I figured out how to get into the other forums. When you click a link that takes you to a "403 forbidden", the URL has a question mark followed by the forum number, followed by a dash and the title of the forum. Delete everything after the number, and suddenly the link works. Something is wrong with the permalink structure that took place during the upgrade. Once you're in a forum, all the posts themselves work.
    Last edited by Telemachus; 05-05-2012 at 10:56 PM.
    "Nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be this hard, take me back to the start"

Looks like we're back to normal around here.

Doing some running around this afternoon. Had to go to the store, then to the bank. Going out in a little bit to try to do some more walking.

It's tournament week for me; my tournament in Columbus is this weekend, so I have a busy few days ahead.

Paul