about us | workshops | message boards       
quarterlifecrisis.com    people blur   
a one-stop info-shop for recent grads & beyond      
   lifeworkplay   

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

She canceled. Shoud I bother asking her out again?

Heres my situation. Mutual friends hooked me and this girl up. We went on two dates and I know she really liked me the first one. I think the second went alright to but I wasnt sure if I was feeling it for her but I asked her out to come over for a movie anyways for a third date on a Sunday.

Well she just canceled on me because she went out last night with her friends on a barhop and got so drunk and got home at like 4 so she is too tired and hung over to hang out today. I feel like im dating a girl in college She knows I can't do anything during the week.

My question is should I bother asking her out again. I'm not sure how strongly I feel about her and I think at our ages(shes 26) I think its kind of stupid to be going out like that and canceling dates because of it. It seems like the date wasnt a priority or very important to cancel it like that and I don't like the fact that shes still partying like that.

What do you think?
    Last edited by carmex; 03-01-2009 at 02:26 PM.

I don't think there's anything wrong with her going out in general, but when I am excited about something I don't go all out the night before. I want to be rested and fresh.

Maybe wait and see if she reschedules?
    Taylor

"Happiness is that state of consciousness which proceeds from the achievement of one's values." - Atlas Shrugged

If her partying bugs you that much, then I don't see much of a future there. If it's more the combination of partying and cancelling, I could see telling her the ball is in her court to reschedule (I think it's the canceller's job to set up the replacement plans).

Quote Originally Posted by ebrillblaiddes
    If her partying bugs you that much, then I don't see much of a future there. If it's more the combination of partying and cancelling, I could see telling her the ball is in her court to reschedule (I think it's the canceller's job to set up the replacement plans).

Should I make the contact back or let her text or call me? She told me to let her know how my schedule is next week.

Quote Originally Posted by carmex
    Should I make the contact back or let her text or call me? She told me to let her know how my schedule is next week.
    Well, then...let her know how your schedule is next week?

Heres my situation. Mutual friends hooked me and this girl up. We went on two dates and I know she really liked me the first one. I think the second went alright to but I wasnt sure if I was feeling it for her but I asked her out to come over for a movie anyways for a third date on a Sunday.

Well she just canceled on me because she went out last night with her friends on a barhop and got so drunk and got home at like 4 so she is too tired and hung over to hang out today. I feel like im dating a girl in college She knows I can't do anything during the week.

My question is should I bother asking her out again. I'm not sure how strongly I feel about her and I think at our ages(shes 26) I think its kind of stupid to be going out like that and canceling dates because of it. It seems like the date wasnt a priority or very important to cancel it like that and I don't like the fact that shes still partying like that.

What do you think?
    1) you shouldn't be so judgmental about her activities.
    2) if her going out bothers you enough that you would condemn her actions on a message board, maybe this isn't the girl for you anyway.

Just sayin...

My question is should I bother asking her out again. I'm not sure how strongly I feel about her and I think at our ages(shes 26) I think its kind of stupid to be going out like that and canceling dates because of it.
    Shoot me if I'm anything like you at 26. People party. Face it. She's just cooler than you.

Carmex, the real issue is if you're "feeling it for her" or not. The cancellation really shouldn't matter at all; if you like the girl what does it matter that she went out and partied? (Oh and for the record, I have canceled dates for that reason too before and I am 26.) If you don't like her that much, then forget it.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it all?

Yes, I blog too.

Carmex - i agree with you 100% on your original post about this girl's behavior- if a girl pulled that with me, i would NEVER contact her again. At 26 she should have her priorities straight, and she should value keeping her plans with a guy over going out with friends and getting hammered to the point where she couldn't see you. This girl sounds very immature. There's obviously a reason she's single. If i were you, i wouldn't bother

Quote Originally Posted by pawnstar3
    Carmex - i agree with you 100% on your original post about this girl's behavior- if a girl pulled that with me, i would NEVER contact her again. At 26 she should have her priorities straight, and she should value keeping her plans with a guy over going out with friends and getting hammered to the point where she couldn't see you. This girl sounds very immature. There's obviously a reason she's single. If i were you, i wouldn't bother
    Why on earth should she care more about some random date than spending time with her friends? I'm assuming she knows them and cares about them and that they care about her. She should be spending time with people she is close with and not spending all her time preparing for some date with someone she barely knows.

In any case, if some guy got this worked up about me going out with friends, I'd hope he just wouldn't call me again. She doesn't owe you anything right now, and you seem very angry. It won't work out.

If I'm going out with a girl and she says that she couldn't go out with me because she partied the other night too hard and didn't bother to reschedule I'd forget her because she doesn't sound too into me anyways.

At 26 you'd think some maturity would come in. Hmmm I have a date tomorrow maybe I shouldn't get so hammered that tomorrow's a writeoff. Maybe that's too much to ask.
    Scott

If practice makes perfect, and nobody's ever perfect, why practice?

Quote Originally Posted by blamblamblam
    Why on earth should she care more about some random date than spending time with her friends? I'm assuming she knows them and cares about them and that they care about her. She should be spending time with people she is close with and not spending all her time preparing for some date with someone she barely knows.

In any case, if some guy got this worked up about me going out with friends, I'd hope he just wouldn't call me again. She doesn't owe you anything right now, and you seem very angry. It won't work out.
    The problem isn't that she cares more about spending time with her friends it's the fact that she didn't plan or even consider being respectful of the "date".

You can go out with friends and have a fun time without being so bombed that the next day you can't go out on your planned date. That's just a weak excuse and just screams immaturity.
    Last edited by ScottyTheBody; 03-02-2009 at 07:26 PM.
    Scott

If practice makes perfect, and nobody's ever perfect, why practice?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyTheBody
    The problem isn't that she cares more about spending time with her friends it's the fact that she didn't plan or even consider being respectful of the "date".

You can go out with friends and have a fun time without being so bombed that the next day you can't go out on your planned date. That's just a weak excuse and just screams immaturity.

Well, immature or not, judging by the OP's reaction, I don't think this whole thing bodes well at all lol.

I would give it one more shot, she could've gone out for one of her friends birthday or something. But I agree with everyone else, the hungover to a point where she can't do anything isn't a good sign.
    I swam down sh!#s creek and came up clean
    with a new lease on life like Andy Dufresne

Jay Electronica- Exhibit A

Quote Originally Posted by blamblamblam

You're missing the whole point. If you have a date with someone, you should be respectful enough to keep to that promise- of course she can go out with friends, but why would se be that irresponsible to get so drunk that she couldn't go out the next night for the date?- this shows an incredible lack of consideration and maturity

You seem to be one of the girls that would pull this type of behavior. I'm betting your single