about us | workshops | message boards       
quarterlifecrisis.com    people blur   
a one-stop info-shop for recent grads & beyond      
   lifeworkplay   

When a woman calls you sweet

So out of curiousity, when a woman calls you sweet or a gentleman or whatever what does that mean? I usually interpret it as meaning that she's not that into you but that's just my guess.
    Thompson you say? With a "p" as in psychotic?

she thinks you're a nice guy

"I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know, everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold
    I'll be fine once I get it...I'll be good...."

- Kid Cudi

Quote Originally Posted by vinsanity
    she thinks you're a nice guy
    LOL, not that again.
    Thompson you say? With a "p" as in psychotic?

I've used both those words with my current guy - I definitely didn't mean I wasn't into him, they were compliments!

Did you do something sweet? It's a nice compliment so I wouldn't interpret it as a negative.

It depends on the personality of the person who said it. For example, I like to play with words. So if someone did something unexpectedly sweet, i'd say, "that's so sweet of you" instead of "you're so sweet" (which is something I may be more likely to say to someone whom I'm interested in). That's just me though.

I honestly don't get how you could take a "sweet" compliment and interpret it as lack of interest. It's a compliment!

My girlfriend and I use that term all the time with each other. I don't see how it can't mean that you're not interested in someone, unless you are looking for a "bad boy" or "bad girl".

let's stop reading into things shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by crystal_dance
    So out of curiousity, when a woman calls you sweet or a gentleman or whatever what does that mean? I usually interpret it as meaning that she's not that into you but that's just my guess.
    Your not a bastard that is about to take advantage of her (not just physically, let say emotionally as well). That is exactly what that means.

You can take as compliment or an insult depending on your intentions with her.

Like the poster above said, let's not read into it too much.

Being sweet-natured is near the top of my priority list for boyfriends. I tried dating guys who weren't especially sweet, it never worked out.
    "Even when I've f*&%ed up, I've spun it into a learning experience that's brought me to bigger and better things."

All depends on the tone of the conversation.

she could like you or she could be thanking you for something in an "I really appreciate it, you're so nice to me without having to be but I don't really like you so I'm thanking you as a friend" ....
    cupkake missing icing!

"that somebody was you"

Quote Originally Posted by cupkake
    she could like you or she could be thanking you for something in an "I really appreciate it, you're so nice to me without having to be but I don't really like you so I'm thanking you as a friend" ....
    Exactly! It could go either way. Also depends on the context...do you do nice things for her on a regular basis? Does she ever go out of her way for you in return? If not, then she probably just thinks you are sweet and she's saying so, nothing more and nothing less...

Really...go with your gut. That's usually what's right anyways.