about us | workshops | message boards       
quarterlifecrisis.com    people blur   
a one-stop info-shop for recent grads & beyond      
   lifeworkplay   

Performance Based Scheduling

I recently found out that the call center I work for will be implementing Performance Based Scheduling in September. Basically, if it gets slow the top performers in the center get more hours. If it gets slow enough, the bottom performers in the center will not have any work for that week. I have some very mixed feelings about this. Has anyone ever had any experience with this type of scheduling? Any other thoughts regarding with performance scheduling?
    Adam

I work at a call center and we have performance based scheduling. But ours works by having the better people get the earlier hours and the ones who are struggling in some areas get the later shifts. A lot of us alternate and can work 3 or 4 different shifts in one week.

Quote Originally Posted by horatio17 View Post
    I work at a call center and we have performance based scheduling. But ours works by having the better people get the earlier hours and the ones who are struggling in some areas get the later shifts. A lot of us alternate and can work 3 or 4 different shifts in one week.
    I am in the thought process that this plan is going to be disasterous for the call center. I think that they will end up burning out the top performers to stay on top, and cause the people on the bottom to leave because they are not getting any benefits. The company will end up having to hire a bunch of new people to replace these folks. The customers will not be getting the service they want, do to people trying to "make stats" and the eventual turnover.

I sometimes wonder if this is not a backdoor way of getting rid of people.
    Last edited by mahlerssecond; 06-29-2009 at 06:16 PM.
    Adam