about us | workshops | message boards       
quarterlifecrisis.com    people blur   
a one-stop info-shop for recent grads & beyond      
   lifeworkplay   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Neighbors Are Having Loud Sex

So my neighbors are in their early 30s, very nice people. They are engaged. I get along with them and I've become friends with the guy over the few weeks since they moved in. Thing is they can be pretty loud in bed. Moaning, screaming, calling out names, the bed banging against the wall. I am in my place and know most of what they are doing sexually. If I'm in my bed I can even feel it from the wall banging. LOL.

So what do I do? I mean how do you tell someone you're having very loud sex and I hear it all? I mean sometimes now it's weird for me to see them after. You know what it's like to see a guy after you know his fiancee spanked him with a belt? (Yep, heard that the other night. LOL)

Anyone else ever been through this? Tips? Thanks!

Hahaha! Can you move your bed to the other wall?
    "Nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be this hard, take me back to the start"

I'd have to rearrange the entire room and deal with the cable outlet and cords etc.

OMG that's hiliarious. I think if you are friendly with him, you can make some kind of light joke about it to ease the awkwardness of the conversation.
    Having lived in NYC before myself, in multiple apartments, I know how paperthin some walls can be.
    I think this is just part of city living sometimes.

Good luck!
    Someone else's success is not your failure.

Don't assume my posts are about you. But if you're affected that must mean you're guilty of something.

If the grass looks greener on the other side, it's probably because it's fertilized with bull shit.

Take a deep breath. It's just a bad day. Not a bad life.

LOL... hmm can you give them a subtle hint, e.g. turn a television or radio up quite loud in your room, or have a really loud telephone conversation right next to the wall?
    I'm thinking that if they realise they can hear everything that's going on in your room, they'll realise you can hear all of their bedroom activities too!

My neighbor generally knocks on the wall when things get loud in my room.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals"
    -Kay

Have even louder sex.
    Taylor

"Happiness is that state of consciousness which proceeds from the achievement of one's values." - Atlas Shrugged

Not Baltimore, contrary to popular belief
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayl405 View Post
    Have even louder sex.
    Hahahahaha!! YES!!
    I've always been different, with one foot over the line
    Winding up somewhere one step ahead or behind
    It ain't been so easy, but I guess I shouldn't complain
    I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane

Nobody knows if it's something to bless or to blame
    So far, I ain't found a rhyme or a reason to change

I've Always Been Crazy, Waylon Jennings (1978)

Quote Originally Posted by Tayl405 View Post
    Have even louder sex.
    Love it! Now just need a date to have that loud sex with! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNYC View Post
    Love it! Now just need a date to have that loud sex with! LOL
    I was waiting for that.

So the other day I turned up the TV and I think they got the hint. Yesterday, the guy comes over for a bit. We're hanging out and he brings up hearing the TV and then he asks "can you hear us having sex?" and I say yes. He then asks "how much have you heard?" and I say a lot of it. He looks half happy and half embarassed. First he asks "how'd we sound?" I laughed and said it sounded fun. Then he asked if I heard the spanking thing and I said yes and laughed. He apologized and said they really get into sex and forget about everything around them. He also said the spanking isn't a normal thing, that they're not really that kinky. LOL

So I can say I think they'll tone it down a bit and well I think the two of us are now closer. He also told me that he fully expects me to keep him and his fiancee up with my sexual prowness one night. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNYC View Post
    So the other day I turned up the TV and I think they got the hint. Yesterday, the guy comes over for a bit. We're hanging out and he brings up hearing the TV and then he asks "can you hear us having sex?" and I say yes. He then asks "how much have you heard?" and I say a lot of it. He looks half happy and half embarassed. First he asks "how'd we sound?" I laughed and said it sounded fun. Then he asked if I heard the spanking thing and I said yes and laughed. He apologized and said they really get into sex and forget about everything around them. He also said the spanking isn't a normal thing, that they're not really that kinky. LOL

So I can say I think they'll tone it down a bit and well I think the two of us are now closer. He also told me that he fully expects me to keep him and his fiancee up with my sexual prowness one night. LOL!
    hahahahaha awesome result!!!!

See, I actually wish my neighbors would have loud sex. Not because I'm so much of a pervert, but more because my neighbors are in their 70's and I'd be happy to know they still feel that way about each other.

Paul

I missed you guys you crack me up. Love this thread!

Jake, it sounds like your situation worked out really well! I sympathize about the paper-thin walls, because that has been my experience as well, when staying in sublets in Queens and Brooklyn. While the housing stock in my city is older, we have a disproportionately high number of college students here (it's a college town), and so we had a similar situation with our downstairs neighbors when they first moved in. The issue wasn't sex though, but loud parties that raged until 5-6 AM (just as bad for sleep!).

My husband had to go down there a couple of times and bang on the front AND side doors repeatedly, and it could take up to 15 minutes for them to hear him and open the door. But after he did that a couple times, the more outgoing of the two guys invited him in for a drink. Then, we both started making small talk on the porch, while getting the mail, etc., and eventually, we were grabbing drinks at the bar. We're not uber-close, but they're fun guys. If you can befriend your neighbors, so much the better, I think. When I was younger and lived alone, I was very good friends with my upstairs neighbor.
    "Whatever dramas are going on in my life, I always find that place inside my head where I see myself as the cleanest, tallest, strongest, wisest person that I can be." L. Staley

"I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring." D. Bowie

If a Wal-Mart is a person, could it marry a Target and have a baby named Safeway? I hope so!

Jimmy McMillan for NYC Mayor because all across the country, The Rent is too Damn High!

Yeah, it's easier to accept loud neighbors when you get along with them.

The people who live above me, though, have an infant and a toddler, and that toddler is so damn loud. He throws things, has temper tantrums, screams and cries.... When they first moved in, he was throwing toy cars out the mail slot onto our porch and sticking his hands out and yelling whenever someone walked by. Which isn't safe for anyone (and they live upstairs so he was climbing down a flight of stairs to get to the door - not sure how the parents would let him do that!). He's finally quieted down a little, but it's ridiculous how unruly this kid is. And the parents let him get away with whatever. He'll scream on the porch for 10 straight minutes and it's so loud it sounds like he's in my apartment - the mom will just say "whatever you want honey" to quiet him down. I'm tempted to call Super Nanny on them!

Not my ideal neighbors by any means... I think I'd rather loud parties or loud sex!
    Taylor

"Happiness is that state of consciousness which proceeds from the achievement of one's values." - Atlas Shrugged