about us | workshops | message boards       
quarterlifecrisis.com    people blur   
a one-stop info-shop for recent grads & beyond      
   lifeworkplay   

Thread: teeth whitening

alert teeth whitening

i would love to do the laser ZOOM! whitening, but can't really afford it now. i have tried crest white strips, but find that 30 minutes twice a day for 14 days is pretty time consuming. has anyone tried any other otc products that they found effective?

I try brushing my teeth in the mornings and usually at night. I find it works ok for me.

i love the strips, but i can only handle them for so long because my teeth are pretty sensitive. the paint on stuff is ok, but i found the strips work the best (for the inexpensive route) if you can handle them.
    ~*Kimmer*~

Pour down center to release carbonation and aroma.
    --Bud Commercial

Seven chipmonks twirling on a branch, eatin' lotsa sunflowers on my uncle's ranch.
    --Hitchhiker from There's Something About Mary

i think i'm going to try colgate's simply white gel. epinions has positive reviews about it.

I know one of them (Crest/Colgate) is pretty expensive--like $30! I like my teeth, but I can't see spending that much on them...although it would be nice if they were whiter.
    "Words are not only cheap, they're really easy to use." Taken from a Washington Post book review

I used the Crest Night Effects... they seemed to work pretty well. Only about $13, so they're cheaper than the strips. Painting that stuff on doesn't take too long and you wear it over night so its not time consuming. I don't think anybody else really noticed my whiter teeth, but I did.
    Yeah yeah yeah.

I used crest strips and people around my office even noticed. I swear by them...and at $30 its cheaper and more effective than anything Ive seen....my dentist even told me to use those rather that use his whitening process because the strips work better!
    Plus they dont rip the enamal off your teeth! YAY Crest.

silicone caulk works well...although it fills in the edges between your teeth making you look like you've got a mouth full of vanilla frosting...

white-out is ok...although it chips off pretty easily...

hmmm...I think your best bet is just to make sure your face is super tan...relatively such will make your teeth look much whiter...

How funny! I was watching a local tv show here last night- "Good Evening Sacramento" and they were at a tanning salon- where at the salon, while you tan, you put in a mouth piece and bleach stuff- and the UV rays from the tanning bed whiten your teeth. They said it was $30 for the pack of 5 bleaching tubes and the mouth piece (which helps hold your mouth open).

I think it sounds like a great deal! Even if you don't wanna tan- I suppose you could lay in the tanning bed with all your clothes on and just do your face?

IMO it's a great option over the very expensive zoom.

did you guys know that in order to get the best results from whitening kits you're supposed to do it shortly after getting a deep cleaning from your dentist? otherwise you're just whitening a layer of plaque and buildup and your teeth are technically not much whiter. i learned this from a dentist not to long ago. i had a deep cleaning and then just started using a whitening toothpaste. it's working fine.
    Have a Smurfy day!

Oh! BTW...I've gotten the official whitening stuff from my dentist- had the molds made and got the bleach.

Lemme tell anyone who will listen- bleaching your teeth hurts like a mother! It feels like your teeth are full of pores and the bleach goes into the pores and makes your whole mouth ache. It hurts to eat- especially hot/cold things. I've never been successful or brave enough to use the bleach for the whole two weeks at a time that I am supposed to- so it sits in my cupboard!

same with me heather. my teeth are soo sensitive. instead of using the crest strips twice a day, i use them once. my husband got the trays from his dentist as well.
    ~*Kimmer*~

Pour down center to release carbonation and aroma.
    --Bud Commercial

Seven chipmonks twirling on a branch, eatin' lotsa sunflowers on my uncle's ranch.
    --Hitchhiker from There's Something About Mary

I have teeth-whitening trays from the dentist as well...the substance seems to irritate my gumline, so I have discontinued their use for now

I may try the OTC stuff and see what that does.
    Fantasy is better than reality.

crest white strips are awesome! I've used them a couple of times now and on both occasions people have commented on how white my teeth look. I noticed results after just a couple days of using them too. I always did it when i was getting into bed and watching tv, you can do one strip right after another and after an hour of tv, you're set!

also i feel it neccessary to say hi and that i'm new here! read my intro in the newbies thread if you feel inclined, although it's not too interesting, so i won't be hurt if you don't either!